I have some programs that installed with icons on the desktop of my
Redhat 9 ( KDE ) install. I'd like to 'move' those icons to the Start
Menu (including the icon images that represent the programs). These
programs lack a corresponding icon in the start menu, which is why I
want to use the desktop ones.

I know I can drag and drop items from the start menu to the desktop
(to create an icon on the desktop). I can't find a way to do the
reverse (drag the desktop icons to the Start Menu).

Is there a directory that I can copy the "desktop" icon information
"from" and another directory I can copy it "to". Or, is there a way to
move the icons via the control center? Is there another way entirely?

Gwen