Advice on Ximian - Redhat

This is a discussion on Advice on Ximian - Redhat ; I run RH9, and am pleased with the performance of the system and all packages I run. I am curious, however, to see how others have done with the Ximian Red Carpet. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with ...

  1. Advice on Ximian

    I run RH9, and am pleased with the performance of the system and all
    packages I run. I am curious, however, to see how others have done
    with the Ximian Red Carpet. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with
    using Red Carpet to install programs on their Red Hat system? Any
    pitfalls I should be aware of?

    Thanks

    John

  2. Re: Advice on Ximian

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:10:07 GMT, Greenmantle
    wrote:

    Has anyone had good or bad experiences with
    >using Red Carpet to install programs on their Red Hat system? Any
    >pitfalls I should be aware of?

    Novell is the owner of Ximian now.You could ask something there

    novell.support.collaboration.ximian.connector-for-ms-exchange
    novell.support.collaboration.ximian.desktop2
    novell.support.collaboration.ximian.evolution
    novell.support.collaboration.ximian.red-carpet

    Jorge

  3. Re: Advice on Ximian

    On 2004-03-06, Greenmantle wrote:

    > I run RH9, and am pleased with the performance of the system and all
    > packages I run. I am curious, however, to see how others have done
    > with the Ximian Red Carpet. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with
    > using Red Carpet to install programs on their Red Hat system? Any
    > pitfalls I should be aware of?

    I just installed Fedora Core 1 a couple weeks ago and have been playing
    around with up2date, synaptic, and Red Carpet, never having used any of
    them before.

    Up2date and synaptic both wanted to uninstall all my custom built rpms to
    resolve some trivial dependancy. Red Carpet allowed me to install updates
    without having to go through that type of ordeal. YMMV of course. I
    suspect if you are running a generic system without any custom built
    packages any of the above ought to work fine.

    --

    -John (JohnThompson@new.rr.com)

+ Reply to Thread