pppoe on RH9.0 - Redhat

This is a discussion on pppoe on RH9.0 - Redhat ; Can someone point me in the direction of a soultion. RH 9.0 has xDSL via PPP & PPPOe How does one make it work??...

  1. pppoe on RH9.0

    Can someone point me in the direction of a soultion.

    RH 9.0 has xDSL via PPP & PPPOe

    How does one make it work??

  2. Re: pppoe on RH9.0

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:16:35 -0600, dbrandt thoughtfully wrote:

    > Can someone point me in the direction of a soultion.
    >
    > RH 9.0 has xDSL via PPP & PPPOe
    >
    > How does one make it work??

    Risking being slammed does RH9 have System Tools, Internet Connection
    Wizard? That will setup ppp (modem) and pppoe (xDSL) for you. If your
    connection goes through a router then just point your ethernet to the
    router as the gateway.

  3. Re: pppoe on RH9.0

    "Noi" wrote in message
    newsan.2004.03.07.09.12.22.797077@siam.com...
    > On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:16:35 -0600, dbrandt thoughtfully wrote:
    >
    > > Can someone point me in the direction of a soultion.
    > >
    > > RH 9.0 has xDSL via PPP & PPPOe
    > >
    > > How does one make it work??

    > Risking being slammed does RH9 have System Tools, Internet Connection
    > Wizard? That will setup ppp (modem) and pppoe (xDSL) for you. If your
    > connection goes through a router then just point your ethernet to the
    > router as the gateway.

    If you have an ethernet card, the above should be fairly easy to set up.
    Check out http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/rp-pppoe/

    I am trying to set up a Dsl connection using a USB modem and it seems to
    be a lot harder. I have to fiqure out what tap0 is and how to use it.

    Mark

+ Reply to Thread