Hello,

I've posted this message before in this newsgroup, but without any
success, so I post it again.

I'm using an IBM ThinkPad G40 running under GNU/Linux (Red Hat 9) with
kernels 2.4.20 (default) and 2.6.3 (compiled from source).
I've tried to play sounds, but it doesn't work with any kernel.
Sometimes it simply crashes; sometimes it plays a bit of sound and hangs
up; sometimes it acts like everything is OK, but there is no sound.

Looking the 'dmesg' command after trying to play sounds, I've found this:

ALSA sound/core/pcm_lib.c:2162: playback write error (DMA or IRQ trouble?)
ALSA sound/core/pcm_native.c:1316: playback drain error (DMA or IRQ
trouble?)
ALSA sound/core/pcm_lib.c:233: Unexpected hw_pointer value [2] (stream =
0, delta: -29, max jitter = 8192): wrong interrupt acknowledge?

Can anybody help me, please?
Thank you.

Emilio