XDMCP & Exceed 7 - Redhat

This is a discussion on XDMCP & Exceed 7 - Redhat ; I'm trying to enable XDMCP on Redhat 9 so that i can log in remotely from my windoze box using exceed. However despite turning XDMCP on in the gdm configuration i am unable to connect using exceed. In previous versions ...

  1. XDMCP & Exceed 7

    I'm trying to enable XDMCP on Redhat 9 so that i can log in remotely
    from my windoze box using exceed. However despite turning XDMCP on in
    the gdm configuration i am unable to connect using exceed. In previous
    versions this has just worked, but despite playing around and reading
    numerous howtos and google groups i can not get it working. i'm sure
    its a simple thing. anyhelp much appreciated.

    Andy

  2. Re: XDMCP & Exceed 7

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 10:06:21 +0000, andy wrote:

    > I'm trying to enable XDMCP on Redhat 9 so that i can log in remotely
    > from my windoze box using exceed. However despite turning XDMCP on in
    > the gdm configuration i am unable to connect using exceed. In previous
    > versions this has just worked, but despite playing around and reading
    > numerous howtos and google groups i can not get it working. i'm sure its
    > a simple thing. anyhelp much appreciated.
    >
    > Andy

    RH turned off XDMCP completely in RH8 (I think) and 9 for security
    reasons.

    Enable XDMCP in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf and /etc/X11/xdm/kdmrc (in case you
    want to use KDE).

    Comment out the last line of /etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config.

    Re-start X.

    ....and you should be able to connect unless you have a firewall in the
    way.

    --
    i.m.