RPMs for openoffice 1.1 RH9 - Redhat

This is a discussion on RPMs for openoffice 1.1 RH9 - Redhat ; Hello, I would like to upgrade from Ooo 1.0.something to the most recent 1.1.something under RH9. I see that Fedora core ships with 1.1, but I cannot find the rpms for RH9. Anyone know better? Thanks John...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: RPMs for openoffice 1.1 RH9

  1. RPMs for openoffice 1.1 RH9

    Hello,

    I would like to upgrade from Ooo 1.0.something to the most recent
    1.1.something under RH9. I see that Fedora core ships with 1.1, but I
    cannot find the rpms for RH9. Anyone know better?

    Thanks

    John


  2. Re: RPMs for openoffice 1.1 RH9

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 04:31:23 +0000, Greenmantle wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to upgrade from Ooo 1.0.something to the most recent
    > 1.1.something under RH9. I see that Fedora core ships with 1.1, but I
    > cannot find the rpms for RH9. Anyone know better?


    $ rpm -qa --queryformat '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}.%{ARCH}.rpm\n' |
    grep openoffice

    openoffice.org-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90.i386.rpm
    openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90.i386.rpm
    openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.0-0.fdr.6.i386.rpm

    Use http://rpm.pbone.net/ to find/download them


    --
    Posted under the XFree86 v.1.0 license
    Copyright remains with the author

  3. Re: RPMs for openoffice 1.1 RH9

    Lenard wrote:
    > On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 04:31:23 +0000, Greenmantle wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I would like to upgrade from Ooo 1.0.something to the most recent
    >>1.1.something under RH9. I see that Fedora core ships with 1.1, but I
    >>cannot find the rpms for RH9. Anyone know better?

    >
    >
    > $ rpm -qa --queryformat '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}.%{ARCH}.rpm\n' |
    > grep openoffice
    >
    > openoffice.org-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90.i386.rpm
    > openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90.i386.rpm
    > openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.0-0.fdr.6.i386.rpm
    >
    > Use http://rpm.pbone.net/ to find/download them
    >
    >

    Thank you. I have found these files. Now, I must admit that up2date
    has prevented me from understanding what the heck I am doing.

    After the query
    rpm -qa --queryformat '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}.%{ARCH}.rpm\n' |
    grep openoffice

    I got

    openoffice-1.0.2-4.i386.rpm
    openoffice-i18n-1.0.2-4.i386.rpm
    openoffice-libs-1.0.2-4.i386.rpm


    I tried rpm-U filename.rpm with the downloaded files
    (openoffice.org-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90.i386.rpm
    openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90.i386.rpm)

    and got huge lists of needed files.

    rpm -U openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.0-0.fdr.6.i386.rpm

    got me the message

    open of openoffice.org-il8n-1.1.0-0.fdr.6.i386.rpm failed: No such file
    or directory

    I am obviously very confused, and not alert enough to "man" my way out
    of this. Any simple advise would be appreciated.

    John


  4. Re: RPMs for openoffice 1.1 RH9

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:16:57 +0000, Greenmantle wrote:

    > Thank you. I have found these files. Now, I must admit that up2date
    > has prevented me from understanding what the heck I am doing.
    >
    > After the query
    > rpm -qa --queryformat '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}.%{ARCH}.rpm\n' |
    > grep openoffice
    >
    > I got
    >
    > openoffice-1.0.2-4.i386.rpm
    > openoffice-i18n-1.0.2-4.i386.rpm
    > openoffice-libs-1.0.2-4.i386.rpm
    >
    >
    > I tried rpm-U filename.rpm with the downloaded files
    > (openoffice.org-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90.i386.rpm
    > openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90.i386.rpm)
    >
    > and got huge lists of needed files.
    >
    > rpm -U openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.0-0.fdr.6.i386.rpm
    >
    > got me the message
    >
    > open of openoffice.org-il8n-1.1.0-0.fdr.6.i386.rpm failed: No such file
    > or directory


    Try downloading the package again, maybe something went wrong during the
    download.

    > I am obviously very confused, and not alert enough to "man" my way out
    > of this. Any simple advise would be appreciated.


    After downloading the three openoffice.org RPM's into a common location
    install them all of them at the same time; rpm -Fvh *.rpm

    If you get errors then make sure you have the required dependencies (and
    the dependencies of the dependencies) installed and/or available in the
    same location. An example of missing dependencies and other errors below
    (I downloaded an openoffice RPM for Fedora for this example);

    $ sudo rpm -Uvh open*.rpm
    error: Failed dependencies:
    db4 >= 4.1.25-11 is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    implreg.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    libdb_cxx-4.2.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    nestedreg.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10

    openoffice.org-i18n = 1.1.0-10 is needed by
    openoffice.org-1.1.0-10

    openoffice.org-libs = 1.1.0-10 is needed by
    openoffice.org-1.1.0-10

    regtypeprov.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    streams.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    typeconverter.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    typemgr.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10

    implreg.uno.so is needed by (installed)
    openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90

    The above errors suggest that I need to update db4 to version 4.1.25-11 or
    greater, both the -i18n and -libs package's need to be installed also and
    a file (implreg.uno) from the currently installed openoffice.org RPM is
    need by the currently installed openoffice.org-libs RPM. The last listed
    error (and a couple [the 'is needed' errors] near the center) is why you
    need to install at least the three OpenOffice RPM's at the same time.


    --
    Posted under the XFree86 v.1.0 license
    Copyright remains with the author

  5. Re: RPMs for openoffice 1.1 RH9

    Lenard wrote:
    > On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:16:57 +0000, Greenmantle wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Thank you. I have found these files. Now, I must admit that up2date
    >>has prevented me from understanding what the heck I am doing.
    >>
    >>After the query
    >> rpm -qa --queryformat '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}.%{ARCH}.rpm\n' |
    >>grep openoffice
    >>
    >>I got
    >>
    >>openoffice-1.0.2-4.i386.rpm
    >>openoffice-i18n-1.0.2-4.i386.rpm
    >>openoffice-libs-1.0.2-4.i386.rpm
    >>
    >>
    >>I tried rpm-U filename.rpm with the downloaded files
    >>(openoffice.org-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90.i386.rpm
    >>openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90.i386.rpm)
    >>
    >>and got huge lists of needed files.
    >>
    >>rpm -U openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.0-0.fdr.6.i386.rpm
    >>
    >>got me the message
    >>
    >>open of openoffice.org-il8n-1.1.0-0.fdr.6.i386.rpm failed: No such file
    >>or directory

    >
    >
    > Try downloading the package again, maybe something went wrong during the
    > download.
    >
    >
    >>I am obviously very confused, and not alert enough to "man" my way out
    >>of this. Any simple advise would be appreciated.

    >
    >
    > After downloading the three openoffice.org RPM's into a common location
    > install them all of them at the same time; rpm -Fvh *.rpm
    >
    > If you get errors then make sure you have the required dependencies (and
    > the dependencies of the dependencies) installed and/or available in the
    > same location. An example of missing dependencies and other errors below
    > (I downloaded an openoffice RPM for Fedora for this example);
    >
    > $ sudo rpm -Uvh open*.rpm
    > error: Failed dependencies:
    > db4 >= 4.1.25-11 is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    > implreg.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    > libdb_cxx-4.2.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    > nestedreg.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    >
    > openoffice.org-i18n = 1.1.0-10 is needed by
    > openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    >
    > openoffice.org-libs = 1.1.0-10 is needed by
    > openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    >
    > regtypeprov.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    > streams.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    > typeconverter.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    > typemgr.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    >
    > implreg.uno.so is needed by (installed)
    > openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90
    >
    > The above errors suggest that I need to update db4 to version 4.1.25-11 or
    > greater, both the -i18n and -libs package's need to be installed also and
    > a file (implreg.uno) from the currently installed openoffice.org RPM is
    > need by the currently installed openoffice.org-libs RPM. The last listed
    > error (and a couple [the 'is needed' errors] near the center) is why you
    > need to install at least the three OpenOffice RPM's at the same time.
    >
    >

    Yippee! Thank you! I needed two more packages, but once you showed me
    how to do the "group rpm" and how to find the missing packages,
    everything was easy.

    Thanks again for your clear and helpful instructions.

    John


  6. Re: RPMs for openoffice 1.1 RH9

    Greenmantle wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to upgrade from Ooo 1.0.something to the most recent
    > 1.1.something under RH9. I see that Fedora core ships with 1.1, but I
    > cannot find the rpms for RH9. Anyone know better?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John
    >

    I'd not use the rpm version.

    I've downloaded the zip archive from openoffice.org, unpacked it and ran the
    setup script with "./setup -net". The installation process asks, where to
    install. Choose /opt/OpenOffice-1.1 (or something similar.) This installation is
    something like a central repository from which an arbitrary number or users or
    remote clients can start OpenOffice (This is possible with the commandline
    option -net). But before other users can use this installation they have to run
    another setup script /opt/OpenOffice-1.1/setup , which creates a directory in
    their home directory with user specific data. This second installation only has
    about 2 MB.

    greets Boris

  7. Re: RPMs for openoffice 1.1 RH9

    Greenmantle wrote:
    > Lenard wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:16:57 +0000, Greenmantle wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> Thank you. I have found these files. Now, I must admit that up2date
    >>> has prevented me from understanding what the heck I am doing.
    >>>
    >>> After the query
    >>> rpm -qa --queryformat '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}.%{ARCH}.rpm\n' |
    >>> grep openoffice
    >>>
    >>> I got
    >>>
    >>> openoffice-1.0.2-4.i386.rpm
    >>> openoffice-i18n-1.0.2-4.i386.rpm
    >>> openoffice-libs-1.0.2-4.i386.rpm
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> I tried rpm-U filename.rpm with the downloaded files
    >>> (openoffice.org-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90.i386.rpm
    >>> openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90.i386.rpm)
    >>>
    >>> and got huge lists of needed files.
    >>>
    >>> rpm -U openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.0-0.fdr.6.i386.rpm
    >>>
    >>> got me the message
    >>>
    >>> open of openoffice.org-il8n-1.1.0-0.fdr.6.i386.rpm failed: No such file
    >>> or directory

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Try downloading the package again, maybe something went wrong during the
    >> download.
    >>
    >>
    >>> I am obviously very confused, and not alert enough to "man" my way out
    >>> of this. Any simple advise would be appreciated.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> After downloading the three openoffice.org RPM's into a common location
    >> install them all of them at the same time; rpm -Fvh *.rpm
    >>
    >> If you get errors then make sure you have the required dependencies (and
    >> the dependencies of the dependencies) installed and/or available in the
    >> same location. An example of missing dependencies and other errors below
    >> (I downloaded an openoffice RPM for Fedora for this example);
    >>
    >> $ sudo rpm -Uvh open*.rpm
    >> error: Failed dependencies:
    >> db4 >= 4.1.25-11 is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    >> implreg.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    >> libdb_cxx-4.2.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    >> nestedreg.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    >>
    >> openoffice.org-i18n = 1.1.0-10 is needed by
    >> openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    >>
    >> openoffice.org-libs = 1.1.0-10 is needed by
    >> openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    >>
    >> regtypeprov.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    >> streams.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    >> typeconverter.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    >> typemgr.uno.so is needed by openoffice.org-1.1.0-10
    >>
    >> implreg.uno.so is needed by (installed)
    >> openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-0.fdr.7.rh90
    >>
    >> The above errors suggest that I need to update db4 to version
    >> 4.1.25-11 or
    >> greater, both the -i18n and -libs package's need to be installed also and
    >> a file (implreg.uno) from the currently installed openoffice.org RPM is
    >> need by the currently installed openoffice.org-libs RPM. The last listed
    >> error (and a couple [the 'is needed' errors] near the center) is why you
    >> need to install at least the three OpenOffice RPM's at the same time.
    >>
    >>

    > Yippee! Thank you! I needed two more packages, but once you showed me
    > how to do the "group rpm" and how to find the missing packages,
    > everything was easy.
    >
    > Thanks again for your clear and helpful instructions.
    >
    > John
    >

    I spoke too soon. I now have ooo 1.1, and I do have the improved
    bibliography feature I was after, but I have at least two problems I am
    not happy with. Now the equation editor does not work, and the Help
    file is empty.

    I know that this is no longer a Redhat issue, but does anyone know where
    I should go from here?

    Thanks

    John


  8. Re: RPMs for openoffice 1.1 RH9

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:26:44 +0000, Greenmantle wrote:

    > I spoke too soon. I now have ooo 1.1, and I do have the improved
    > bibliography feature I was after, but I have at least two problems I am
    > not happy with. Now the equation editor does not work, and the Help
    > file is empty.


    Yep, the equation editor and help files are empty here to.


    > I know that this is no longer a Redhat issue, but does anyone know where
    > I should go from here?


    Sorry taking a bit to get back to you. I had to do some work($$$) and look
    into this issue also.

    If you want to, you could install these;

    openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-6.i386.rpm
    openoffice.org-1.1.0-6.i386.rpm
    openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.0-6.i386.rpm

    They are from the Fedora Core 1 and it will take a bit of effort to
    install them, about 20 or so other RPM's are needed for this, db4-4.1.25
    for example;

    db4-devel-4.1.25-14.i386.rpm
    db4-4.1.25-14.i386.rpm
    db4-utils-4.1.25-14.i386.rpm

    Will provide the complete list when I'm done trying this out myself.


    --
    Posted under the XFree86 v.1.0 license
    Copyright remains with the author

  9. Re: RPMs for openoffice 1.1 RH9

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 03:55:59 +0000, Lenard wrote:


    > If you want to, you could install these;
    >
    > openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-6.i386.rpm
    > openoffice.org-1.1.0-6.i386.rpm
    > openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.0-6.i386.rpm
    > db4-devel-4.1.25-14.i386.rpm
    > db4-4.1.25-14.i386.rpm
    > db4-utils-4.1.25-14.i386.rpm


    This should be the complete list, post back if you have any problems.


    --
    Posted under the XFree86 v.1.0 license
    Copyright remains with the author

+ Reply to Thread