RHEL licensing - Redhat

This is a discussion on RHEL licensing - Redhat ; Hi, I'm hoping to develop software on RHEL 3 and distribute. Could i buy one copy of RHEL 3 from Redhat and distribute it to the customers with my software. Could i be paying the annual subscription only to the ...

  1. RHEL licensing

    Hi,

    I'm hoping to develop software on RHEL 3 and distribute. Could i buy
    one copy of RHEL 3 from Redhat and distribute it to the customers with
    my software. Could i be paying the annual subscription only to the
    pack which i bought..meaning could i be only paying the subscriptions
    to only to 1 instance having installed many?.

    Thanks for your time and effort.

  2. Re: RHEL licensing

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:19:45 -0800, Thamara wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm hoping to develop software on RHEL 3 and distribute. Could i buy one
    > copy of RHEL 3 from Redhat and distribute it to the customers with my
    > software. Could i be paying the annual subscription only to the pack
    > which i bought..meaning could i be only paying the subscriptions to only
    > to 1 instance having installed many?.
    >
    > Thanks for your time and effort.

    IANAL, I don't think so as RHEL is and has trademark and other license
    issues and restrictions with your idea. However, for your customers you
    could always distrube and use; http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/

    --
    Posted under the XFree86 v.1.0 license
    Copyright remains with the author