Re: how to reinitialize soundcard/drivers? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Re: how to reinitialize soundcard/drivers? - Redhat ; Lenard Charters wrote in message > On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:17:17 +0100, Erwin Moller wrote: > > My soundcard sometimes just stops making sound. That is for both > > CDplayer and XMMS. > > > Yes, run the ...

  1. Re: how to reinitialize soundcard/drivers?

    Lenard Charters wrote in message
    > On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:17:17 +0100, Erwin Moller wrote:
    > > My soundcard sometimes just stops making sound. That is for both
    > > CDplayer and XMMS.
    > >

    > Yes, run the redhat-config-soundcard utility.

    try firing up aumix from a shell, to refresh the server. if that
    fails, then try fiddling with which channel has the big red "R" on it,
    and the levels. if that fails, i dunno. but that would be an easy
    path to solve the problem.

    -bryan

  2. Re: how to reinitialize soundcard/drivers?

    bryan wrote:

    > Lenard Charters wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:17:17 +0100, Erwin Moller wrote:
    >> > My soundcard sometimes just stops making sound. That is for both
    >> > CDplayer and XMMS.
    >> >

    >> Yes, run the redhat-config-soundcard utility.

    > try firing up aumix from a shell, to refresh the server. if that
    > fails, then try fiddling with which channel has the big red "R" on it,
    > and the levels. if that fails, i dunno. but that would be an easy
    > path to solve the problem.
    >
    > -bryan

    Hi Brain,

    Thanks for your suggestion!
    I will surely try that next time my soundcard fails. (I didn't happen for a
    week already)

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller

+ Reply to Thread