Redhat Fedora or ES ? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Redhat Fedora or ES ? - Redhat ; Hi, Because of the support of Redhat, what wil stop in a few months, I would like to upgrade to fedora of ES. But what is main difference between Fedora or ES except for the support? Patrick....

  1. Redhat Fedora or ES ?

    Hi,

    Because of the support of Redhat, what wil stop in a few months, I would
    like to upgrade to fedora of ES.

    But what is main difference between Fedora or ES except for the support?

    Patrick.

  2. Re: Redhat Fedora or ES ?

    > Because of the support of Redhat, what wil stop in a few months, I would
    > like to upgrade to fedora of ES.
    >
    > But what is main difference between Fedora or ES except for the support?

    Before Fedora, the mainstream RedHat releases were a sort of "testing
    ground", where they could do mostly what they pleased, and experiment with
    the latest technologies. As one person put it, RedHat likes to stay on
    the bleeding edge, but "they leave the bleeding up to you."

    RedHat ES, on the other hand, is designed as a much more stable
    distribution. They don't automatically incorporate every new feature or
    package as soon as it's available, they try to make sure that technologies
    are stable before they're included.

    Now that the history lesson's done, here's the explanation: Nothing's
    really changed. Fedora is still the bleeding-edge testing ground, and ES
    is still the more stable distribution.

    steve

+ Reply to Thread