Backups - Redhat

This is a discussion on Backups - Redhat ; I have a client with a Linux 9 box that heeds a simple backup system. Currently the backup is done with the tar command (with excludes)and works fine but has grown into a 2 volume set. I would like have ...

  1. Backups

    I have a client with a Linux 9 box that heeds a simple backup system.
    Currently the backup is done with the tar command (with excludes)and works
    fine but has grown into a 2 volume set. I would like have a incremental
    backup after they run the 2 volume set. Any Ideas?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Backups

    Bob wrote:
    > I have a client with a Linux 9 box that heeds a simple backup system.
    > Currently the backup is done with the tar command (with excludes)and works
    > fine but has grown into a 2 volume set. I would like have a incremental
    > backup after they run the 2 volume set. Any Ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    Try Flexbackup:

    http://flexbackup.sourceforge.net/

+ Reply to Thread