error :"gnome-terminal" (process 1694) has crashed due to a fatal error. - Redhat

This is a discussion on error :"gnome-terminal" (process 1694) has crashed due to a fatal error. - Redhat ; i am getting the error when i run the terminal in redhat 9.0 . Application "gnome-terminal" (process 1694) has crashed due to a fatal error. (Aborted) can any one tell me whats the problem and how to clear this problem ...

  1. error :"gnome-terminal" (process 1694) has crashed due to a fatal error.

    i am getting the error when i run the terminal in redhat 9.0 .

    Application "gnome-terminal" (process 1694) has crashed
    due to a fatal error.
    (Aborted)

    can any one tell me whats the problem and how to clear this problem .

  2. Re: error :"gnome-terminal" (process 1694) has crashed due to a fatalerror.

    yogesh wrote:
    > i am getting the error when i run the terminal in redhat 9.0 .

    > Application "gnome-terminal" (process 1694) has crashed
    > due to a fatal error.
    > (Aborted)

    > can any one tell me whats the problem and how to clear this problem .

    There are a host of possibilities none of which can be identified with only
    that information. It can be as simple as the terminal program got corrupted and
    needed a reinstall. So far as I have ever seen the process number has no meaning
    and can be anything for any program. You may get the same one every time because
    it is the next in the boot sequence. If at any time you tried to upgrade gnome
    and only got part of it you might have an incompatibility. There are dozens of
    other possibilities. If that is the only info you have then likely no one can
    suggest a solution.

    In such cases the first suggestion is to upgrade to the current Redhat which at
    the moment is FC6. I found installing 9.0 such a nuisance that I never used it.
    If you do that or even to FC4 you are likely to find people who can try to
    duplicate your problem if you still have it.

    When looking for help give the basic description of your computer which is the
    tech stuff like processor type and RAM. And if you have anything out of the
    ordinary mention that also. If you are talking about a laptop don't hold your
    breath. They are all strange in their own way. You might do better looking for a
    user group for that type of laptop.

    --
    There is no excuse for us to accept from politicians anything that we would
    never accept from our own children. Maybe that is why they work at appearing

+ Reply to Thread