proc/meminfo - Redhat

This is a discussion on proc/meminfo - Redhat ; Hii all...... I am a newbie to linux and to software industry. I am working on SIP protocol on RHEL platform. Now the prob is When my application is running that time if i give free command it gives No ...

  1. proc/meminfo

    Hii all......
    I am a newbie to linux and to software industry.
    I am working on SIP protocol on RHEL platform.
    Now the prob is
    When my application is running that time if i give free command it
    gives No memory space and after say a iota of time it give1mb free.
    What i understand is some process is capturing the memory and do not
    free it until and unless its execution get done.
    Now my manager says check proc/meminfo file..How meminfo file get
    updated?
    After how much time period it get updated or do it need some event to
    occur to get updated.
    Is there any other utility which give exact measure of memory without
    using /proc/meminfo?
    is proc/meminfo is always reliabe to use?
    How can I get out of this prob?
    Kindly Help ppl........

  2. Re: proc/meminfo

    wrote in message
    news:1175151595.155128.71410@r56g2000hsd.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hii all......
    > I am a newbie to linux and to software industry.
    > I am working on SIP protocol on RHEL platform.
    > Now the prob is
    > When my application is running that time if i give free command it
    > gives No memory space and after say a iota of time it give1mb free.
    > What i understand is some process is capturing the memory and do not
    > free it until and unless its execution get done.
    > Now my manager says check proc/meminfo file..How meminfo file get
    > updated?
    > After how much time period it get updated or do it need some event to
    > occur to get updated.
    > Is there any other utility which give exact measure of memory without
    > using /proc/meminfo?
    > is proc/meminfo is always reliabe to use?
    > How can I get out of this prob?
    > Kindly Help ppl........

    If you want a utility to display the free and used memory that is
    continually updated to a customised time interval , then use the Top
    command.
    This will display quite a lot of info including total , used and free memory
    , cpu load , and all the current running processes , you can also create
    filters for each user as well as selecting the update interval. ( default 3
    seconds )

    True Multitasking is having three computers and a chair with wheels.

    Sandgroper
    Remove KNICKERS to Email
    steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au

+ Reply to Thread