Hi all,

I am trying to install RH3.0 update 4 and above with kickstart. I
am getting the following error while instalation (only if the machine
already has Redhat on it).

Here is the exact scenario, if we "wipe out the disk manually" on
the client and then install the os on the client over the network, the
client won't boot until we manually fix the grub information by
booting from a cd.

If the client has been installed and mirrors created and we try to
reinstall over the network the installation will fail on the client.
No messages on the server but if you are using the serial console on
the client you see an error message (screen dump below)This occurs
while the installer finish formatting the / partition and trys to
format the other partitions on the client, it does not finish to
format all the partitions.

This is true regardless of which release of red hat we are trying to
install RH 3.0 updates (4,5,6,7,or 8).

fs20 Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (C) 2004 Red Hat, Inc.\
+------------+ Exception Occurred +-------------+\

| |\
| An unhandled exception has occurred. # |\
| This is most likely a bug. Please copy # |\
| the full text of this exception or save # |\
| the crash dump to a floppy then file a # |\
| detailed bug report against anaconda at # |\
| http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/ # |\

| # |\
| Traceback (most recent call last): # |\
| File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 1181, in # |\

| ? # |\
| intf.run(id, dispatch, configFileData) # |\
| File "/usr/lib/anaconda/text.py", line # |\

| |\
| +----+ +------+ +-------
+ |\
| | OK | | Save | | Debug | |
\
+ |\

| |\

| |\

Please help me with the second issue that is error message on the
server with REDHAT on it.

Thanks,
Kishore