Hi,

I have installed Readhat Linux 9.0 on Sony FS690 Laptop.At the
booting time it is displaying PCI : no irq known for interrupt pin A
of device .... Please try using pci = biosirq.
ds : no socket drivers loaded !
then i edited /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia
In this file i found that
PCMCIA =yes
PCIC = yenta_socket
PCIC_OPTS=
CORE_OPTS=

after this I have downloaded( from google help) pcmcia-cs-3.2.6 and
copied it to /usr/src/ Directory

tar -zxpvf pcmcia-cs-3.2.6.tar.gz

cd pcmcia-cs-3.2.6

/Configure --force --extraver=2.4.20-8

Answered the following questions like the examples below;

kernel source directory is: /usr/src/linux-2.4

build trusting versions: n

include 32-bit cardbus support: y

PnP BIOS resource checking: n

Module install dir: /lib/modules/2.4.20-8

Type; make all
Type; make install

In /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia, I got ;

PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=i82365
PCIC_OPTS=
CORE_OPTS=

then i reboot my system , then also it is displaying

PCI : no irq known for interrupt pin A of device .... Please try using
pci = biosirq.

and for "dmesg" command i am getting like this

' Linux kernel card services 3.1.22
[options] : [pci] [cardbus] [pm]
ds : no socket drivers loaded
Intel PCIC probe: not found
lp : driver loaded but no devices found

so, Please give me the procedure to follow and where can i set pci
= biosirq

and shall i need to disable PCMCIA_CONFIG option. How can I disable
this option.
Thanking you.