pcmcia socket driver problem - Redhat

This is a discussion on pcmcia socket driver problem - Redhat ; Hi, I have installed Readhat Linux 9.0 on Sony FS690 Laptop.At the booting time it is displaying PCI : no irq known for interrupt pin A of device .... Please try using pci = biosirq. ds : no socket drivers ...

  1. pcmcia socket driver problem

    Hi,

    I have installed Readhat Linux 9.0 on Sony FS690 Laptop.At the
    booting time it is displaying PCI : no irq known for interrupt pin A
    of device .... Please try using pci = biosirq.
    ds : no socket drivers loaded !
    then i edited /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia
    In this file i found that
    PCMCIA =yes
    PCIC = yenta_socket
    PCIC_OPTS=
    CORE_OPTS=

    after this I have downloaded( from google help) pcmcia-cs-3.2.6 and
    copied it to /usr/src/ Directory

    tar -zxpvf pcmcia-cs-3.2.6.tar.gz

    cd pcmcia-cs-3.2.6

    /Configure --force --extraver=2.4.20-8

    Answered the following questions like the examples below;

    kernel source directory is: /usr/src/linux-2.4

    build trusting versions: n

    include 32-bit cardbus support: y

    PnP BIOS resource checking: n

    Module install dir: /lib/modules/2.4.20-8

    Type; make all
    Type; make install

    In /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia, I got ;

    PCMCIA=yes
    PCIC=i82365
    PCIC_OPTS=
    CORE_OPTS=
    CARDMGR_OPTS=

    then i reboot my system , then also it is displaying

    PCI : no irq known for interrupt pin A of device .... Please try using
    pci = biosirq.

    and for "dmesg" command i am getting like this

    ' Linux kernel card services 3.1.22
    [options] : [pci] [cardbus] [pm]
    ds : no socket drivers loaded
    Intel PCIC probe: not found
    lp : driver loaded but no devices found

    so, Please give me the procedure to follow and where can i set pci
    = biosirq

    and shall i need to disable PCMCIA_CONFIG option. How can I disable
    this option.
    Thanking you.

  2. Re: pcmcia socket driver problem

    On Jan 30, 2:45 pm, "mahi" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have installed Readhat Linux 9.0 on Sony FS690 Laptop.At the
    > booting time it is displaying PCI : no irq known for interrupt pin A
    > of device .... Please try using pci = biosirq.
    > ds : no socket drivers loaded !
    > then i edited /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia
    > In this file i found that
    > PCMCIA =yes
    > PCIC = yenta_socket
    > PCIC_OPTS=
    > CORE_OPTS=
    >
    > after this I have downloaded( from google help) pcmcia-cs-3.2.6 and
    > copied it to /usr/src/ Directory
    >
    > tar -zxpvf pcmcia-cs-3.2.6.tar.gz
    >
    > cd pcmcia-cs-3.2.6
    >
    > /Configure --force --extraver=2.4.20-8
    >
    > Answered the following questions like the examples below;
    >
    > kernel source directory is: /usr/src/linux-2.4
    >
    > build trusting versions: n
    >
    > include 32-bit cardbus support: y
    >
    > PnP BIOS resource checking: n
    >
    > Module install dir: /lib/modules/2.4.20-8
    >
    > Type; make all
    > Type; make install
    >
    > In /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia, I got ;
    >
    > PCMCIA=yes
    > PCIC=i82365
    > PCIC_OPTS=
    > CORE_OPTS=
    > CARDMGR_OPTS=
    >
    > then i reboot my system , then also it is displaying
    >
    > PCI : no irq known for interrupt pin A of device .... Please try using
    > pci = biosirq.
    >
    > and for "dmesg" command i am getting like this
    >
    > ' Linux kernel card services 3.1.22
    > [options] : [pci] [cardbus] [pm]
    > ds : no socket drivers loaded
    > Intel PCIC probe: not found
    > lp : driver loaded but no devices found
    >
    > so, Please give me the procedure to follow and where can i set pci
    > = biosirq
    >
    > and shall i need to disable PCMCIA_CONFIG option. How can I disable
    > this option.
    > Thanking you.

    Thanks alot for your suggestion

    I have installed Fedora core 3 then i got 3 modules

    ds.o
    yenta_socket.o
    pcmcia_core.o

    After that i have add the 2.6.14.1 kernel to my laptop(Fedora core
    3).

    we have developed pcmcia driver for Redhat 2.4.20-8 kernel

    while compiling my driver in 2.6.14.1 kernel i am getting errors like
    this

    "servinfo_t" is undeclared ( even though i have declared )
    "unregister_pccard_driver" undefined.
    "remap_page_range" undefined.
    "CardServices " undefined.
    implicit declaration of "register_pccard_driver"

    give me suggestions in which functions i have to do
    modifications(means which functions have become absolute).

+ Reply to Thread