FC5 installing on the system without DVD-drive - Redhat

This is a discussion on FC5 installing on the system without DVD-drive - Redhat ; Hello, Is there the way to install Linux Fedora Core 5 as a second operating system from dvd image (ISO file) on the system without DVD drive? My current OS is WinXP SP2. Thanks in advance....

  1. FC5 installing on the system without DVD-drive

    Hello, Is there the way to install Linux Fedora Core 5 as a second
    operating system from dvd image (ISO file) on the system without DVD
    drive? My current OS is WinXP SP2. Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: FC5 installing on the system without DVD-drive

    I don't think you can ... I'd advise to d/l the CDs that are available
    for FC5 and boot your system from that CD. You don't need to d/l all CD,
    I think the first CD will enable you to install a basic FC5.

    http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...re/5/i386/iso/

    HTH

    kiryazev@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello, Is there the way to install Linux Fedora Core 5 as a second
    > operating system from dvd image (ISO file) on the system without DVD
    > drive? My current OS is WinXP SP2. Thanks in advance.

  3. Re: FC5 installing on the system without DVD-drive

    pavlos wrote:
    > I don't think you can ... I'd advise to d/l the CDs that are available
    > for FC5 and boot your system from that CD. You don't need to d/l all CD,
    > I think the first CD will enable you to install a basic FC5.
    >
    > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...re/5/i386/iso/
    >
    > HTH
    >

    > kiryazev@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> Hello, Is there the way to install Linux Fedora Core 5 as a second
    >> operating system from dvd image (ISO file) on the system without DVD
    >> drive? My current OS is WinXP SP2. Thanks in advance.

    kiryazev,

    You can if you would run VMware server on WinXP SP2 and run Fedora Core
    5 as a virtual machine.

    Virtual Machines can boot from an ISO file as a virtual DVD drive.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

+ Reply to Thread