FC4 Problem Read-only file system - Redhat

This is a discussion on FC4 Problem Read-only file system - Redhat ; I run a Plesk server on FC-4. The server has run solid for months. Today I lost my email then HTTP. Plesk has not replied yet so I figure I will ask. I ssh intot he box and find that ...

  1. FC4 Problem Read-only file system

    I run a Plesk server on FC-4. The server has run solid for months. Today I
    lost my email then HTTP. Plesk has not replied yet so I figure I will ask. I
    ssh intot he box and find that everything seems to be in read only mode?
    Anyway to correct this? He is an example:

    Mailing from root gices this result:
    /tmp/RsRAbAks: Read-only file system

    mkdir nnn

    mkdir: cannot create directory `nnn': Read-only file system

  2. Re: FC4 Problem Read-only file system

    Great Deals wrote:

    > I run a Plesk server on FC-4. The server has run solid for months. Today I
    > lost my email then HTTP. Plesk has not replied yet so I figure I will ask.
    > I ssh intot he box and find that everything seems to be in read only mode?
    > Anyway to correct this? He is an example:

    Read 'man mount' minus the single quotemarks for the details, try something
    like; /bin/mount -remount -a

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted

  3. Re: FC4 Problem Read-only file system

    Thanks I am not an admin so I ran it like you said and got a failure
    message:
    Can you tell me the part that is missing? df -h shows this

    [root@sms ~]# df -h
    /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
    287G 5.8G 267G 3% /
    /dev/hda1 99M 23M 72M 24% /boot
    /dev/shm 490M 0 490M 0% /dev/shm
    ==== Belwo is the failure message =====
    [root@sms ~]# /bin/mount -remount -a
    /bin/mount: invalid option -- e
    Usage: mount -V : print version
    mount -h : print this help
    mount : list mounted filesystems
    mount -l : idem, including volume labels
    So far the informational part. Next the mounting.
    The command is `mount [-t fstype] something somewhere'.
    Details found in /etc/fstab may be omitted.
    mount -a [-t|-O] ... : mount all stuff from /etc/fstab
    mount device : mount device at the known place
    mount directory : mount known device here
    mount -t type dev dir : ordinary mount command
    Note that one does not really mount a device, one mounts
    a filesystem (of the given type) found on the device.
    One can also mount an already visible directory tree elsewhere:
    mount --bind olddir newdir
    or move a subtree:
    mount --move olddir newdir
    A device can be given by name, say /dev/hda1 or /dev/cdrom,
    or by label, using -L label or by uuid, using -U uuid .
    Other options: [-nfFrsvw] [-o options] [-p passwdfd].
    For many more details, say man 8 mount .

    "Lenard" wrote in message
    news:zLKqh.8864$ji1.7751@newssvr12.news.prodigy.ne t...
    > Great Deals wrote:
    >
    >> I run a Plesk server on FC-4. The server has run solid for months. Today
    >> lost my email then HTTP. Plesk has not replied yet so I figure I will
    >> ask.
    >> I ssh intot he box and find that everything seems to be in read only
    >> mode?
    >> Anyway to correct this? He is an example:

    > Read 'man mount' minus the single quotemarks for the details, try
    > something
    > like; /bin/mount -remount -a
    >

    > --
    > Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    > This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted
    > from accident, abuse, misapplication, abnormal use or a virus.

  4. Re: FC4 Problem Read-only file system

    Great Deals wrote:

    > Thanks I am not an admin so I ran it like you said and got a failure
    > message:

    Sorry, my fault the command should be; /bin/mount -o remount -a

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted
    from accident, abuse, misapplication, abnormal use or a virus.

+ Reply to Thread