How to upgrade java on redhat? - Redhat

This is a discussion on How to upgrade java on redhat? - Redhat ; Hi, I thought the following would do it, but was you can see, it didn't! What to do? Many thanks in advance! [af@i ~]# java -version java version "1.4.2" [af@i ~]# rpm -i jdk-6-linux-i586.rpm Unpacking JAR files... rt.jar... jsse.jar... charsets.jar... ...

  1. How to upgrade java on redhat?

    Hi,

    I thought the following would do it, but was you can see, it didn't!
    What to do? Many thanks in advance!

    [af@i ~]# java -version
    java version "1.4.2"

    [af@i ~]# rpm -i jdk-6-linux-i586.rpm
    Unpacking JAR files...
    rt.jar...
    jsse.jar...
    charsets.jar...
    tools.jar...
    localedata.jar...
    plugin.jar...
    javaws.jar...
    deploy.jar...

    [af@i ~]# rehash

    [af@i ~]# java -version
    java version "1.4.2"

  2. Re: How to upgrade java on redhat?

    aaronfude@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I thought the following would do it, but was you can see, it didn't!
    > What to do? Many thanks in advance!

    See my post (#5) here;

    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...d.php?t=517133

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted

  3. Re: How to upgrade java on redhat?

    Lenard wrote:
    > aaronfude@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I thought the following would do it, but was you can see, it didn't!
    > > What to do? Many thanks in advance!

    > See my post (#5) here;
    >
    > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...d.php?t=517133

    Thanks. It looks like it'll update java, but what about javac, javaw,
    javah, jar, jarsign, etc? Also, when I installed the rpm for 1.6, where
    did it put all the files?

    Thanks!

    Aaron Fude

  4. Re: How to upgrade java on redhat?

    aaronfude@gmail.com wrote:

    > Lenard wrote:
    >> aaronfude@gmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I thought the following would do it, but was you can see, it didn't!
    >> > What to do? Many thanks in advance!

    >> See my post (#5) here;
    >>
    >> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...d.php?t=517133
    >>

    > Thanks. It looks like it'll update java, but what about javac, javaw,
    > javah, jar, jarsign, etc? Also, when I installed the rpm for 1.6, where
    > did it put all the files?

    Everything is done as the default java is now Sun's java, the files are in
    (where else) /usr/java

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted
    from accident, abuse, misapplication, abnormal use or a virus.

+ Reply to Thread