Creating a Mirror of redhat.com for up2date .... - Redhat

This is a discussion on Creating a Mirror of redhat.com for up2date .... - Redhat ; I am looking for details about how to properly set up a private mirror for up2date (Redhat EL AS 4), as well as for Fedora. The former probably just requires copying down the release and updates directory of that version. ...

  1. Creating a Mirror of redhat.com for up2date ....

    I am looking for details about how to properly set up a private mirror
    for up2date (Redhat EL AS 4), as well as for Fedora. The former
    probably just requires copying down the release and updates directory
    of that version.

    Can someone point me to some instructions, etc.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Creating a Mirror of redhat.com for up2date ....

    On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 07:56:09 -0800, forrie@gmail.com wrote:

    > I am looking for details about how to properly set up a private mirror
    > for up2date (Redhat EL AS 4), as well as for Fedora. The former
    > probably just requires copying down the release and updates directory
    > of that version.
    >
    > Can someone point me to some instructions, etc.
    >

    > Thanks.

    for up2date it's all in the man page...
    try up2date --configure
    then take a look at the -d and -k options
    I do this all the time
    e-mail me if you have trouble or q's
    FC isn't all that different

    dth