Configuring display problems.. - Redhat

This is a discussion on Configuring display problems.. - Redhat ; I am a beginner to Linux and after searching and trying for a long long time finally decided to come to the forums for help. I installed Linux by making partition to have a dual OS Windows XP and Red ...

  1. Configuring display problems..

    I am a beginner to Linux and after searching and trying for a long long
    time finally decided to come to the forums for help.
    I installed Linux by making partition to have a dual OS Windows XP and
    Red Hat Fedora 4 and everything was well and fine. I logged in to Linux
    and played around and changed the display setting since the display was
    too big and the display selected was "Generic". I changed it to 15inch
    with 1024 x 768 and restarted the machine. It showed the initial
    messages and I was waiting for the login screen and the login screen
    never came. I powered off and restarted and nope.. I feel that I did
    not choose the proper display settings. So now what should I do. I can
    re-install but I do not want to do that. Is there a easier way to go to
    the configuration file.
    I have a hp dv6113US notebook with 15inch display. Any help is greatly
    appreciated and awaited.

  2. Re: Configuring display problems..

    There is one more addition to my experimentation. I started linux in an
    interactive mode and when it displayed different services, I did not
    start my tomcat services. And voila it worked. But then again I
    restarted and it does not. I again tried to work it in an interactive
    mode but no. I am a windows to Linux user a begineer so would greatly
    appreciate any help

+ Reply to Thread