Installing from ISO images - Redhat

This is a discussion on Installing from ISO images - Redhat ; If anyone could help me I would be so appreciative. I have a machine, which I copied the 5 iso images to. They're in the following directory: C:\linux\iso. When I run install in textmode, it sees the two partitions of ...

  1. Installing from ISO images

    If anyone could help me I would be so appreciative.

    I have a machine, which I copied the 5 iso images to. They're in the
    following directory: C:\linux\iso.

    When I run install in textmode, it sees the two partitions of my HD, and for
    each one I try telling it that the directory of the files is:

    linux/iso

    And it always comes back saying that that harddrive does not have the files.

    Does anyone know what is going on here?

    Many thanks

  2. Re: Installing from ISO images

    Daniel Kaplan wrote:
    > If anyone could help me I would be so appreciative.
    > I have a machine, which I copied the 5 iso images to. They're in the
    > following directory: C:\linux\iso.
    > When I run install in textmode, it sees the two partitions of my HD, and for
    > each one I try telling it that the directory of the files is:
    > linux/iso
    > And it always comes back saying that that harddrive does not have the files.

    > Does anyone know what is going on here?

    First you burn the ISOs to CDs and then boot from the first CD.

  3. Re: Installing from ISO images

    On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 23:43:28 -0500, Matt Giwer wrote:

    > First you burn the ISOs to CDs and then boot from the first CD.

    I would suggest a md5sum or sha1sum check on downloads before burning.

    ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/sha1sum.exe
    http://etree.org/md5com.html

  4. Re: Installing from ISO images

    I have installed fc6 from iso dvd image.boot with grub for dos.
    I often copy the image in the following directory: D:\name.iso,
    you can have a try.maybe your images are bad.have a md5 check,i
    suggest.
    Daniel Kaplan wrote:
    > If anyone could help me I would be so appreciative.
    >
    > I have a machine, which I copied the 5 iso images to. They're in the
    > following directory: C:\linux\iso.
    >
    > When I run install in textmode, it sees the two partitions of my HD, and for
    > each one I try telling it that the directory of the files is:
    >
    > linux/iso
    >
    > And it always comes back saying that that harddrive does not have the files.
    >

    > Does anyone know what is going on here?
    >
    > Many thanks

  5. Re: Installing from ISO images

    Daniel Kaplan wrote:
    > I have a machine, which I copied the 5 iso images to. They're in the
    > following directory: C:\linux\iso.

    Make sure that the ISO images are on a FAT32 partition, NTFS isn't
    supported by the RedHat/Fedora installer.

    --
    Markku Kolkka
    markku.kolkka@iki.fi

+ Reply to Thread