FC 6 with NVIDIA - Redhat

This is a discussion on FC 6 with NVIDIA - Redhat ; Hi: Recently installed Redhat FC 6 Zod and when I go to boot, it starts to load up to X System, then the monitor goes off completely, never to return. There is HD activity, just no display. Windows works fine, ...

  1. FC 6 with NVIDIA

    Hi:

    Recently installed Redhat FC 6 Zod and when I
    go to boot, it starts to load up to X System,
    then the monitor goes off completely, never
    to return. There is HD activity, just no
    display. Windows works fine, just Redhat. It
    even recognized my card by name on install,
    just that I never saw a screen for setting
    resolution during install. If I did, I would
    have set it at a lower resolution if
    possible. (Usually do 1024 X 768).
    I went into BIOS, nothing there worked.

    Any other people try this version of Linux
    with NVIDIA?

    Card: GeForce 7300GT
    Motherboard M2NE (Asus)

    Thanks So Much,
    Zukester

  2. Re: FC 6 with NVIDIA

    Zukester wrote:

    > Hi:
    >
    > Recently installed Redhat FC 6 Zod and when I
    > go to boot, it starts to load up to X System,
    > then the monitor goes off completely, never
    > to return. There is HD activity, just no
    > display. Windows works fine, just Redhat. It
    > even recognized my card by name on install,
    > just that I never saw a screen for setting
    > resolution during install. If I did, I would
    > have set it at a lower resolution if
    > possible. (Usually do 1024 X 768).
    > I went into BIOS, nothing there worked.
    >
    > Any other people try this version of Linux
    > with NVIDIA?
    >
    > Card: GeForce 7300GT
    > Motherboard M2NE (Asus)

    What monitor do you have?
    The monitor refresh rate may be to set high.

    Have you tried to enter runlevel 3 and edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf manually, i.e
    altering resolution and/or refresh rate.
    If you start your system i runlevel 3 you might want to run
    system-config-display again to verify your video card settings.

    --
    Regards,
    Tore

+ Reply to Thread