Install problems - Redhat

This is a discussion on Install problems - Redhat ; Hi, Trying to install RHEL and running right into a wall. I think I see NO HDD, which bums me out since it's an incompatibilty issue then (windows loads up just fine). Am willing to commit the entire machine to ...

  1. Install problems

    Hi,

    Trying to install RHEL and running right into a wall. I think I see NO HDD,
    which bums me out since it's an incompatibilty issue then (windows loads up
    just fine).

    Am willing to commit the entire machine to Linux, but don't know enough
    about Linux to know how to proceed.

    Can you help me, please?

    Thanks ahead.

  2. Re: Install problems

    Daniel Kaplan wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Trying to install RHEL and running right into a wall. I think I see NO HDD,
    > which bums me out since it's an incompatibilty issue then (windows loads up
    > just fine).

    Dan, do you have a SATA HDD or an IDE? If you have SATA, I am certain
    that you will run into problem while installing linux.
    Also can you elaborate on the problem, like at point of installation do
    you see the error and what is the exact error that you get?
    Also let me know, whether you are able to see "Running anaconda ..... "
    on your scree, coz that confirms that linux is going ahead to probe
    your system.

    > Am willing to commit the entire machine to Linux, but don't know enough
    > about Linux to know how to proceed.
    >
    > Can you help me, please?
    >
    > Thanks ahead.

+ Reply to Thread