VNC Monitoring? while RHES3 Kickstart auto-Installs from ftp server. - Redhat

This is a discussion on VNC Monitoring? while RHES3 Kickstart auto-Installs from ftp server. - Redhat ; I can now kickstart from ftp server. I wanna add VNC monitoring while installing. I tried following parameter in command line: linux vnc vncconnect= [: ] or in the ks.cfg kickstart config file. vnc --connnect I use win32 VNCViewer 3.3.7 ...

  1. VNC Monitoring? while RHES3 Kickstart auto-Installs from ftp server.

    I can now kickstart from ftp server. I wanna add VNC monitoring
    while installing. I tried following parameter in command line:
    linux vnc vncconnect=[:]

    or in the ks.cfg kickstart config file.
    vnc --connnect

    I use win32 VNCViewer 3.3.7 to linsten. I use Windows XP host,
    firewall port 5500 is open.

    I try to capture IP packets while anaconda is starting, but none is
    got for VNCViewer relative stuff.

    Kickstart can not start graphic install from ftp server. So my
    installation
    is in text mode. Must vnc server in graphic mode?

    Wich some of you can point me out. Anyway I will try my best.

  2. Re: VNC Monitoring? while RHES3 Kickstart auto-Installs from ftp server.

    I tried graphic install via nfs server.

    VNC works great!!

    Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread