FC4 - Redhat

This is a discussion on FC4 - Redhat ; Auto Updates.. Anyone know why this fails? Is it supposed to even work in Fedora Core 4? or are there just not any updates available.. Seems as if the auto-update site is permanently down, it has been this way for ...

  1. FC4

    Auto Updates..

    Anyone know why this fails?

    Is it supposed to even work in Fedora Core 4? or are there just not any
    updates available.. Seems as if the auto-update site is permanently down, it
    has been this way for 2 weeks..

    Thanks..

  2. Re: FC4

    Hi,

    have you ever tried "yum update"?

    Matthäus Banach

    mg schrieb:
    > Auto Updates..
    >
    > Anyone know why this fails?
    >
    > Is it supposed to even work in Fedora Core 4? or are there just not any
    > updates available.. Seems as if the auto-update site is permanently down, it
    > has been this way for 2 weeks..
    >
    > Thanks..

  3. Re: FC4

    Yes. I think everything is okay now. Its just when I first installed it
    Matthäus.

    FC4 kept asking me if I wanted online updates, I would answer yes, and the
    blue checkmark would appear next to the date/time.

    It finally went away after several attempts.

    Yes, I'm so used to SUSE that yum was new for me, but I learned how to use
    it quickly.

    Thanks for the reply,

    "Matthäus Banach" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > have you ever tried "yum update"?
    >
    > Matthäus Banach
    >
    > mg schrieb:
    >> Auto Updates..
    >>
    >> Anyone know why this fails?
    >>
    >> Is it supposed to even work in Fedora Core 4? or are there just not any
    >> updates available.. Seems as if the auto-update site is permanently down,
    >> it has been this way for 2 weeks..
    >>
    >> Thanks..

+ Reply to Thread