FC4 Display resolution - Redhat

This is a discussion on FC4 Display resolution - Redhat ; I have a HP ze4427 with FC4 now. But am only able to get 600 by 800 resolution. 1024 by 768 which it should support produces an incorrectly displayed desktop. Also is there a way of getting smaller icons ? ...

  1. FC4 Display resolution

    I have a HP ze4427 with FC4 now. But am only able to get 600 by 800
    resolution. 1024 by 768 which it should support produces an incorrectly
    displayed desktop.

    Also is there a way of getting smaller icons ?

    Aaron

  2. Re: FC4 Display resolution

    Aaron Gray wrote on 19-06-05 13:26 :

    > I have a HP ze4427 with FC4 now. But am only able to get 600 by 800
    > resolution. 1024 by 768 which it should support produces an incorrectly
    > displayed desktop.
    >
    > Also is there a way of getting smaller icons ?
    >
    > Aaron

    get the details on your video card and display model, try adjusting the refresh rate:
    Desktop - Preferences - Screen Resolution

  3. Re: FC4 Display resolution

    >> I have a HP ze4427 with FC4 now. But am only able to get 600 by 800
    >> resolution. 1024 by 768 which it should support produces an incorrectly
    >> displayed desktop.
    >>
    >> Also is there a way of getting smaller icons ?
    >>
    >> Aaron

    > get the details on your video card and display model, try adjusting the
    > refresh rate:
    > Desktop - Preferences - Screen Resolution

    Cheers, got it working on either 1024 by 768 or 1152 by 768 don't know which
    System Settings - Display says one, Preferences - Screen resolution says
    another !

    Recreating my user account set the same resolution as Root.

    Aaron

+ Reply to Thread