Problem downloading Fedora core 4 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Problem downloading Fedora core 4 - Redhat ; I am trying to download the four installation disks for Fedora core 4. After downloading the iso images I used Nero 6 to convert the images to cd's. When I ran a media check each one failed. I have tried ...

  1. Problem downloading Fedora core 4

    I am trying to download the four installation disks for Fedora core 4. After
    downloading the iso images I used Nero 6 to convert the images to cd's. When
    I ran a media check each one failed. I have tried several mirror sites and
    two different computers and have been unable to get a copy to pass. When I
    view the contents of the disks everything looks normal, but when I try to do
    an install the installation hangs on one of the first Fedora screens.

    I am stumped and would appreciate any suggestions.

    Shel Sherman

  2. Re: Problem downloading Fedora core 4

    Shel Sherman wrote:
    > I am trying to download the four installation disks for Fedora core 4. After
    > downloading the iso images I used Nero 6 to convert the images to cd's. When
    > I ran a media check each one failed. I have tried several mirror sites and
    > two different computers and have been unable to get a copy to pass. When I
    > view the contents of the disks everything looks normal, but when I try to do
    > an install the installation hangs on one of the first Fedora screens.
    >
    > I am stumped and would appreciate any suggestions.
    >
    > Shel Sherman

    Did you check the SHA1SUMs of the downloaded ISO files against the
    posted values before burning?

    Note that I indicated _SHA1SUMs_ and NOT _MD5SUMs_.

    If the SHA1SUMs check out, then your downloads are OK, but your burn is
    not. If they (any of them) are not good, then those ISOs are bad and you
    need to re-download.

    Presuming that you are properly burning the ISOs as images, you may
    either have bad media or may need to reduce the burn speed.

    Be sure that you are using high quality CDs.

    HTH,

    Marc Schwartz

  3. Re: Problem downloading Fedora core 4

    Thanks for the info Marc. The SHA1SUM checked ok. The problem was fixed by
    setting NERO to disk-at-0nce instead of the default track-at-once.
    Thanks for the help.
    Shel
    "Marc Schwartz" wrote in message
    > Shel Sherman wrote:
    >> I am trying to download the four installation disks for Fedora core 4.
    >> After
    >> downloading the iso images I used Nero 6 to convert the images to cd's.
    >> When
    >> I ran a media check each one failed. I have tried several mirror sites
    >> and
    >> two different computers and have been unable to get a copy to pass. When
    >> view the contents of the disks everything looks normal, but when I try to
    >> do
    >> an install the installation hangs on one of the first Fedora screens.
    >>
    >> I am stumped and would appreciate any suggestions.
    >>
    >> Shel Sherman

    > Did you check the SHA1SUMs of the downloaded ISO files against the
    > posted values before burning?
    >
    > Note that I indicated _SHA1SUMs_ and NOT _MD5SUMs_.
    >
    > If the SHA1SUMs check out, then your downloads are OK, but your burn is
    > not. If they (any of them) are not good, then those ISOs are bad and you
    > need to re-download.
    >
    > Presuming that you are properly burning the ISOs as images, you may
    > either have bad media or may need to reduce the burn speed.
    >
    > Be sure that you are using high quality CDs.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Marc Schwartz

+ Reply to Thread