Want to install a Dual-Bootsystem Fedora Core / Windows ME - Redhat

This is a discussion on Want to install a Dual-Bootsystem Fedora Core / Windows ME - Redhat ; Hello.... Need your help. I want to install a Dual-Bootsystem Fedora Core / Windows ME. Have defragment the HD (20 GB) Have partion the HD (fifty/fifty) Have did a scandisk. All was ok. After installing Fedora core I did delete ...

  1. Want to install a Dual-Bootsystem Fedora Core / Windows ME

    Hello....

    Need your help.

    I want to install a Dual-Bootsystem Fedora Core / Windows ME.

    Have defragment the HD (20 GB)
    Have partion the HD (fifty/fifty)
    Have did a scandisk.

    All was ok.

    After installing Fedora core I did delete hda 2 with Diskdruid and
    partionated as follows:

    Swap-Partion 486 MB
    Root-Partion 8,8 GB

    After starting Fedora all wents ok, but on the end there was an error-msg
    shown and all breaks down.

    If I intalled Fedora on the blank HD I had success.

    Has anyone success in installing a dual-bootsystem and can help me ?

    Many thanks...

    Heinz

  2. Re: Want to install a Dual-Bootsystem Fedora Core / Windows ME

    "Heinz Landherr" wrote in message

    > Hello....
    >
    > Need your help.
    >
    > I want to install a Dual-Bootsystem Fedora Core / Windows ME.
    >
    > Have defragment the HD (20 GB)
    > Have partion the HD (fifty/fifty)
    > Have did a scandisk.
    >
    > All was ok.
    >
    > After installing Fedora core I did delete hda 2 with Diskdruid and
    > partionated as follows:
    >
    > Swap-Partion 486 MB
    > Root-Partion 8,8 GB
    >
    > After starting Fedora all wents ok, but on the end there was an error-msg
    > shown and all breaks down.
    >
    > If I intalled Fedora on the blank HD I had success.
    >
    > Has anyone success in installing a dual-bootsystem and can help me ?

    Firstly , use a boot floppy and boot up the system and then partition and
    format the HDD , after partitioning / formatting the HDD into 2 equal
    partitions , install Windows ME first on hda1 and then FC on hda2 using
    these partitions .
    ( windows should be installed first because it wants to control the master
    boot record on the HDD )

    swap 512 Mb
    /boot 100 Mb
    /root 9300Mb ( or balance of partition )

    ( typical set up for a workstation )

    Let FC install Grub as the bootloader

    --
    Sandgroper
    ----------------------------------

  3. Re: Want to install a Dual-Bootsystem Fedora Core / Windows ME

    In article <42a2e192$0$21278$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    01.iinet.net.au>, steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au says...

    > "Heinz Landherr" wrote in message
    > >
    > > Hello....
    > >
    > > Need your help.
    > >
    > > I want to install a Dual-Bootsystem Fedora Core / Windows ME.
    > >
    > > Have defragment the HD (20 GB)
    > > Have partion the HD (fifty/fifty)
    > > Have did a scandisk.
    > >
    > > All was ok.
    > >
    > > After installing Fedora core I did delete hda 2 with Diskdruid and
    > > partionated as follows:
    > >
    > > Swap-Partion 486 MB
    > > Root-Partion 8,8 GB
    > >
    > > After starting Fedora all wents ok, but on the end there was an error-msg
    > > shown and all breaks down.
    > >
    > > If I intalled Fedora on the blank HD I had success.
    > >
    > > Has anyone success in installing a dual-bootsystem and can help me ?

    > Firstly , use a boot floppy and boot up the system and then partition and
    > format the HDD , after partitioning / formatting the HDD into 2 equal
    > partitions , install Windows ME first on hda1 and then FC on hda2 using
    > these partitions .
    > ( windows should be installed first because it wants to control the master
    > boot record on the HDD )
    >
    > swap 512 Mb
    > /boot 100 Mb
    > /root 9300Mb ( or balance of partition )
    >
    > ( typical set up for a workstation )
    >
    > Let FC install Grub as the bootloader

    Thank you very much for your help !

    Have done as you told me and all is running well.

    Best regards ....

    Heinz

  4. Re: Want to install a Dual-Bootsystem Fedora Core / Windows ME

    > Thank you very much for your help !
    >
    > Have done as you told me and all is running well.
    >
    > Best regards ....

    Good to hear that everything has turned out well.

    Thanks for your feedback.

    --
    Sandgroper
    Remove KNICKERS to Email