Newbee question about intallation and boot configuration - Redhat

This is a discussion on Newbee question about intallation and boot configuration - Redhat ; I have installed Fedora FC3 on a spare partition. All goes well except that at the step where it asked me to allow the installation process to overwrite my boot configuration I said no. The machine has Partition Magic dual ...

  1. Newbee question about intallation and boot configuration

    I have installed Fedora FC3 on a spare partition. All goes well except that
    at the step where it asked me to allow the installation process to
    overwrite my boot configuration I said no.
    The machine has Partition Magic dual booting to Windows 2000 and
    Mandrake10.1. I just wanted to try RedHat in a spare partition.
    What can I do to make it boot?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Newbee question about intallation and boot configuration

    You should be able to use partition magic to add the additional partition to
    the boot list.

    "Nicole Schenk" wrote in message
    >I have installed Fedora FC3 on a spare partition. All goes well except that
    > at the step where it asked me to allow the installation process to
    > overwrite my boot configuration I said no.
    > The machine has Partition Magic dual booting to Windows 2000 and
    > Mandrake10.1. I just wanted to try RedHat in a spare partition.
    > What can I do to make it boot?
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread