RH9 to FC3: Will hostid stay the same? - Redhat

This is a discussion on RH9 to FC3: Will hostid stay the same? - Redhat ; Will RH9 to FC3 upgrade affect hostid assuming no hardware has changed? Also (and I admit this may not be the best place to ask but..) will it affect a FLEXlm Host Id (lmhostid)? Cheers, Lordy...

  1. RH9 to FC3: Will hostid stay the same?

    Will RH9 to FC3 upgrade affect hostid assuming no hardware has changed?

    Also (and I admit this may not be the best place to ask but..)
    will it affect a FLEXlm Host Id (lmhostid)?

    Cheers,
    Lordy

  2. Re: RH9 to FC3: Will hostid stay the same?

    No...
    I can't see why this should affect your LMHostID....
    For licenses using FlexLm, there are 2 poosibilities...
    You attached the software to the Mac address (/sbin/ipconfig)
    OR to the harddisk....

    the first one -> should work out
    the second one, if you did reformat your harddisk ... you will change your
    id

    Stephane

    "Lordy" wrote in message
    news:Xns95EC8681E1BFDlordybigfootcom@130.133.1.4.. .
    > Will RH9 to FC3 upgrade affect hostid assuming no hardware has changed?
    >
    > Also (and I admit this may not be the best place to ask but..)
    > will it affect a FLEXlm Host Id (lmhostid)?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Lordy

+ Reply to Thread