up2date problem Red Hat Linux9 - Redhat

This is a discussion on up2date problem Red Hat Linux9 - Redhat ; When i try to update my system with up2date i get the following error message: Error Message: Please run rhn_register (or up2date -register on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 or later) as root on this client Error Class Code: 9 ...

  1. up2date problem Red Hat Linux9

    When i try to update my system with up2date i get the following error
    message:

    Error Message:
    Please run rhn_register (or up2date -register on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
    or later) as root on this client
    Error Class Code: 9
    Error Class info: Invalid System Credentials.

    Does anyone knows how to fix this?
    I use Root with the right password to log in...

  2. Re: up2date problem Red Hat Linux9

    Pol de Mol wrote:
    > When i try to update my system with up2date i get the following error
    > message:
    >
    > Error Message:
    > Please run rhn_register (or up2date -register on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
    > or later) as root on this client
    > Error Class Code: 9
    > Error Class info: Invalid System Credentials.
    >

    > Does anyone knows how to fix this?
    > I use Root with the right password to log in...

    As I mentioned in another thread today, RH9 EOL'd about a year ago.
    There are no further updates being provided by RH via RHN.

    If you wish to continue to use RH9 and get updates, about the only
    source providing them at this point is:

    http://www.fedoralegacy.org/

    Any updates provided there will be available only as long as community
    members contribute their time to do so. It is unofficial and there are
    no guarantees.

    I would suggest that, unless you have specific reasons to do otherwise,
    consider upgrading your system to Fedora Core, which is in effect, the
    "free" upgrade path from RH9.

    Otherwise, for continuing paid RH support, you would need to consider
    moving to RHEL, which does not really make sense unless you are in a
    corporate enterprise type of environment.

    HTH,

    Marc

+ Reply to Thread