Possible to copy existing RH9 installation to aother disk? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Possible to copy existing RH9 installation to aother disk? - Redhat ; I have a two drive dual boot system - Win2K on the first drive, and RedHat 9 on the second. I just installed a much larger first drive and used a utility to move the Win2K installation to the new ...

  1. Possible to copy existing RH9 installation to aother disk?

    I have a two drive dual boot system - Win2K on the first drive, and
    RedHat 9 on the second. I just installed a much larger first drive and
    used a utility to move the Win2K installation to the new first drive.

    Is there a utility or some way to move the existing RedHat 9
    installation from the old second drive to a partition on the new first
    drive? Are there other ways to make the move, if such a utility does
    not exist? Moving a working RH9 install seems like it would be easier
    than doing a fresh RH9 install and then doing all the additional
    software installations and changes to duplicate my original installation.

    Thanks for any pointers on how to do this.

    Mark

  2. Re: Possible to copy existing RH9 installation to aother disk?

    Mark Fisher wrote:
    > Is there a utility or some way to move the existing RedHat 9
    > installation from the old second drive to a partition on the new first
    > drive? Are there other ways to make the move, if such a utility does
    > not exist?

    Yes, see the Hard Disk Upgrade HOWTO:
    http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Hard-Disk-Upgrade/index.html

    --