problem with broadcom ethernet interface - Redhat

This is a discussion on problem with broadcom ethernet interface - Redhat ; Hi I have a PC HP XW3100 workstation that have a Broadcom 10/100/1000 ethernet interface that is not recognised by anaconda on RH9. Any help infos tricks , welcome Thanks. Frank...

  1. problem with broadcom ethernet interface

    Hi

    I have a PC HP XW3100 workstation that have a Broadcom 10/100/1000
    ethernet interface that is not recognised by anaconda on RH9.

    Any help infos tricks , welcome

    Thanks.
    Frank

  2. Re: problem with broadcom ethernet interface

    Frank wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a PC HP XW3100 workstation that have a Broadcom 10/100/1000
    > ethernet interface that is not recognised by anaconda on RH9.

    Intel have some drivers on their website. I could never get them working
    though.

  3. Re: problem with broadcom ethernet interface

    Frank wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a PC HP XW3100 workstation that have a Broadcom 10/100/1000
    > ethernet interface that is not recognised by anaconda on RH9.
    >
    > Any help infos tricks , welcome
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Frank

    Is there a reason that you are trying to install RH9, which was EOL'd
    about a year ago?

    According to a quick Google search, your workstation has the Broadcom
    5702 NIC, which is supported out of the box by FC3, according the the HW
    list file.

    HTH,

    Marc

  4. Re: problem with broadcom ethernet interface

    Marc Schwartz wrote:
    > Frank wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have a PC HP XW3100 workstation that have a Broadcom 10/100/1000
    >> ethernet interface that is not recognised by anaconda on RH9.
    >>
    >> Any help infos tricks , welcome
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >> Frank

    > Is there a reason shat you are trying to install RH9, which was EOL'd
    > about a year ago?

    it's free and we need it to test some CAD softwares that runs on it

    > According to a quick Google search, your workstation has the Broadcom
    > 5702 NIC, which is supported out of the box by FC3, according the the HW
    > list file.

    FC3 ?

  5. Re: problem with broadcom ethernet interface

    Frank wrote:
    > Marc Schwartz wrote:
    >
    >> Frank wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I have a PC HP XW3100 workstation that have a Broadcom 10/100/1000
    >>> ethernet interface that is not recognised by anaconda on RH9.
    >>>
    >>> Any help infos tricks , welcome
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>> Frank

    >> Is there a reason shat you are trying to install RH9, which was EOL'd
    >> about a year ago?
    >>

    > it's free and we need it to test some CAD softwares that runs on it

    I know it's free. I used to use it. It's just no longer officially
    supported with respect to updates. It was "End Of Life'd" by RH last April.

    According to a quick Google search, your workstation has the Broadcom
    >> 5702 NIC, which is supported out of the box by FC3, according the the
    >> HW list file.
    >>

    > FC3 ?

    Fedora Core 3. The latest version of Fedora Core.

    Fedora Core (http://fedora.redhat.com/) is the free RH based upgrade
    path post RH 9. It is now in its third release, with the fourth
    scheduled for the May time frame.

    If you want a free RH based upgrade path, that includes ongoing official
    functional and security updates, this is the way to go.

    HTH,

    Marc

+ Reply to Thread