Sagem 800 Broadband router ISP Problem - Redhat

This is a discussion on Sagem 800 Broadband router ISP Problem - Redhat ; I am running Red Hat 9 using a USB broad band Modem ( using Tiscali as My ISP) I have followed the instruction in order to connect to ISP and I am having problems. I have installed the driver and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Sagem 800 Broadband router ISP Problem

  1. Sagem 800 Broadband router ISP Problem

    I am running Red Hat 9 using a USB broad band Modem ( using Tiscali as My
    ISP)

    I have followed the instruction in order to connect to ISP and I am having
    problems.

    I have installed the driver and it worked- ifconfig -a indicated ad modem
    was there under network interfaces.

    I edited the adiusbbadsl.conf file ( /etc/analog/) and set
    "Encapsulation=00000006" ( My ISP uses PPPOA VCMUX )

    I also provided "VPI=00000000"
    "VCI=00000026"

    Which are the correct hex numbers translated from 0,38.

    I also edited the chap secrets and Pap secrets with;

    Username * Password

    And the Options file;

    "username"

    I have started the connection and it seems to connect as I have a pppo
    interface listed in ifconfig -a

    If I ping the ISP Primary dns I get network unreachable. I used to get a
    ping back before I removed the network card from the PC, but since this is a
    USB and not ethernet modem it should not matter. and anyway the NIC was not
    connected to anything.

    anyone have any ideas?




  2. Re: Sagem 800 Broadband router ISP Problem

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:06:24 +0000, gram wrote:

    > I am running Red Hat 9 using a USB broad band Modem ( using Tiscali as My
    > ISP)
    >
    > I have followed the instruction in order to connect to ISP and I am having
    > problems.
    >
    > I have installed the driver and it worked- ifconfig -a indicated ad modem
    > was there under network interfaces.
    >
    > I edited the adiusbbadsl.conf file ( /etc/analog/) and set
    > "Encapsulation=00000006" ( My ISP uses PPPOA VCMUX )
    >
    > I also provided "VPI=00000000"
    > "VCI=00000026"
    >
    > Which are the correct hex numbers translated from 0,38.
    >
    > I also edited the chap secrets and Pap secrets with;
    >
    > Username * Password
    >
    > And the Options file;
    >
    > "username"
    >
    > I have started the connection and it seems to connect as I have a pppo
    > interface listed in ifconfig -a
    >
    > If I ping the ISP Primary dns I get network unreachable. I used to get a
    > ping back before I removed the network card from the PC, but since this is a
    > USB and not ethernet modem it should not matter. and anyway the NIC was not
    > connected to anything.
    >
    > anyone have any ideas?


    I am using Fedora FC3 and eagle-usb and as Tiscali uses chap have the
    following in /etc/ppp/chap-secrets --

    "adsl@adsl" * "adsl" *
    "name@tiscali.co.uk" * "password" *

    and my eagle-usb.conf file contains

    #POTS FOR EAGLE
    # those values come from file CMVep.txt
    OPTN0=80008066
    OPTN1=00000994
    OPTN2=63600000
    OPTN3=00000028
    OPTN4=00600000
    OPTN5=00000500
    # OPTN6=00000000
    # OPTN7=02CD8044
    # OPTN15=09090909
    OPTN18=820200FF
    OPTN19=80000000
    OPTN20=11900002
    OPTN70=218280AA
    OPTN72=006F06EB
    OPTN73=00010060
    # not implemented, don't know how to :-(
    #cw mask 8 0x3fffffc0
    #cw diag 0 0x26870030
    #cw flag 0 0x00000820
    #;These OPTN 0,18,19 are for non-TR-48
    #cw optn 0 0x80020066
    #cw optn 18 0x00000000
    #cw optn 19 0x00000000
    #;These OPTN 0,18,19 are for TR-48
    #;cw optn 0 0x80008066
    #;cw optn 18 0x820200ff
    #;cw optn 19 0x80000000
    #CW cntl 0 2
    #Enable OPTN16 for WT-062 testing only
    #OPTN16=80818040

    # VPI / VCI are in hexa (8, 23) is 8,35 in decimal
    VPI=00000000
    VCI=00000026

    #The following values are valid for encapsulation :
    #MPOA_MODE_BRIDGED_ETH_LLC ----> 1
    #MPOA_MODE_BRIDGED_ETH_VC ----> 2
    #MPOA_MODE_ROUTED_IP_LLC ----> 3
    #MPOA_MODE_ROUTED_IP_VC ----> 4
    #MPOA_MODE_PPPOA_LLC ----> 5
    #MPOA_MODE_PPPOA_VC ----> 6
    Encapsulation=00000006

    Linetype=00000001
    RatePollFreq=00000009

    STATIC_IP=none
    ISP=UK01
    LANG=en
    ASYNCHRONOUS_START=1

    I had the same problem as you initially and it was a problem
    with the chaps-secrets file.

    Best of Luck

    Phil Jones


+ Reply to Thread