Nvidia - Redhat

This is a discussion on Nvidia - Redhat ; Hi all, I have a problem getting my nvidia drivers to work. I get a message Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0". Whenever I try Tux Racer. I have removed the LOAD "dri" from xorg.config and followed all the ...

  1. Nvidia

    Hi all,

    I have a problem getting my nvidia drivers to work. I get a message
    Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
    Whenever I try Tux Racer. I have removed the LOAD "dri" from xorg.config
    and followed all the instructions on the README file for the nvidia
    drivers. I checked for the other files to modify but this is the only one.

    There is one very strange thing going on which I think is the caue. When
    booting I get a message about "ati-fglrx" failing. Also I have a ATI FGLRX
    Display Settings under Applications-System Settings-More System settings.
    But I don't have an ATI card. I tried using yum remove ati-fglrx but it
    wanted to remove dozens of other stuff too (I wanted to keep most of
    them). I am at my wits end please help.

    I am using Fedora Core 3. Not sure what other info you need but please ask
    if its needed. This is a new install to replace FC1 which worked fine.

    Thanks in advance

    Mark

  2. Re: Nvidia

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:54:49 +0000, Mark wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a problem getting my nvidia drivers to work.

    You might find help at either of these sites.

    http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-fc3.shtml

    http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_cor...ion_notes.html

    wort

+ Reply to Thread