Help with Fedora 3 install - Redhat

This is a discussion on Help with Fedora 3 install - Redhat ; I am quite new to Linux: I have installed fedora on a HP Vectra PC ( Pentium II 333 ) and the install goes through ok after using the 3 ( out of 4) cd's and it asks for a ...

  1. Help with Fedora 3 install

    I am quite new to Linux:

    I have installed fedora on a HP Vectra PC ( Pentium II 333 ) and the install
    goes through ok after using the 3 ( out of 4) cd's and it asks for a reboot,
    the post screen comes up and it finds the video, storage etc then says
    configuring kernel parameters then stops dead and sits there, cursor
    blinking. There is no disk activity so I am wondering if anyone has a clue
    to where I have gone wrong

    Regards

  2. Re: Help with Fedora 3 install

    "gram" wrote in message
    news:41ecd443$0$16590$ed9e5944@reading.news.pipex. net...
    > I am quite new to Linux:
    >
    > I have installed fedora on a HP Vectra PC ( Pentium II 333 ) and the

    install
    > goes through ok after using the 3 ( out of 4) cd's and it asks for a

    reboot,
    > the post screen comes up and it finds the video, storage etc then says
    > configuring kernel parameters then stops dead and sits there, cursor
    > blinking. There is no disk activity so I am wondering if anyone has a clue
    > to where I have gone wrong

    Your hardware is a bit under the recommended specs.

    The minimum cpu required is 200 Mhz for text mode , 400 Mhz for graphical
    mode , memory is 64 Mb for text mode and 196 Mb for graphical mode with 256
    Mb recommended.

    Check out the system requirements in the release notes.
    http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc3/x86/

    --
    Sandgroper

+ Reply to Thread