System became too slow - Redhat

This is a discussion on System became too slow - Redhat ; Hi, As I told earlier that my system went down the drain after I installed Fedora Core3, although it was running perfectly fine with win2k and almost OK with win xp pro. My hardware is P3-533 Mhz, 64 MB mem, ...

  1. System became too slow

    Hi, As I told earlier that my system went down the drain after I
    installed Fedora Core3, although it was running perfectly fine with
    win2k and almost OK with win xp pro.

    My hardware is P3-533 Mhz, 64 MB mem, 13 Gig HDD, 440Bx2 intel board.

    Thanks in advance,
    Usman.

  2. Re: System became too slow

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 05:47:33 -0800, Usman wrote:

    > Hi, As I told earlier that my system went down the drain after I
    > installed Fedora Core3, although it was running perfectly fine with
    > win2k and almost OK with win xp pro.
    >
    > My hardware is P3-533 Mhz, 64 MB mem, 13 Gig HDD, 440Bx2 intel board.

    Please read the RELEASE-NOTES found on the installation media. You need to
    upgrade the ram...... see the memory requirements.

  3. Re: System became too slow

    On 13 Jan 2005 05:47:33 -0800, a posting issued forth from Usman...
    > Hi, As I told earlier that my system went down the drain after I
    > installed Fedora Core3, although it was running perfectly fine with
    > win2k and almost OK with win xp pro.
    >
    > My hardware is P3-533 Mhz, 64 MB mem, 13 Gig HDD, 440Bx2 intel board.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Usman.

    No question here, but I'll infer one.

    You don't have enough memory for FC3. Read the release notes. If you
    want a GUI you're going to need to, IIRC, at least treble your RAM.

    --
    Jacob
    mailto:`echo wnpbo@urvqre.ubzryvahk.arg | tr [a-z] [n-za-m]`

+ Reply to Thread