system too slow - Redhat

This is a discussion on system too slow - Redhat ; Hi, I just removed win 2k and installed Fedora core 3. My system has become too slow now. It takes a couple of minutes to open a web browser and another minute to bring the requested web page. I am ...

  1. system too slow

    Hi, I just removed win 2k and installed Fedora core 3. My system has
    become too slow now. It takes a couple of minutes to open a web
    browser and another minute to bring the requested web page.
    I am thinking it is because I selected alot of packages to be
    installed and they seem to be running in the back-ground at the
    moment.

    Any suggestions/comments?

    Cheers,
    Usman

  2. Re: system too slow

    Usman wrote:
    > Hi, I just removed win 2k and installed Fedora core 3. My system has
    > become too slow now. It takes a couple of minutes to open a web
    > browser and another minute to bring the requested web page.
    > I am thinking it is because I selected alot of packages to be
    > installed and they seem to be running in the back-ground at the
    > moment.
    >
    > Any suggestions/comments?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Usman

    Specify the used HW so that we can give some suggestions.

    -Alg.

+ Reply to Thread