NEWBIE GETTING STARTED - Redhat

This is a discussion on NEWBIE GETTING STARTED - Redhat ; hi Folks, I have an old laptop COMPAQ armada 1592dmt. I would like to load up any version of LINUX for training purposes and for teaching myself the system. I would prefer one that will overwrite the windows 95 and ...

  1. NEWBIE GETTING STARTED

    hi Folks,
    I have an old laptop COMPAQ armada 1592dmt. I would like to load up any
    version of LINUX for training purposes and for teaching myself the system.
    I would prefer one that will overwrite the windows 95 and do the
    partitioning for me. Someone please advise me on a version that is the
    easiest to complete this task.
    Thanks

  2. Re: NEWBIE GETTING STARTED

    On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 23:34:28 -0600, jwaz23 wrote:

    > hi Folks,
    > I have an old laptop COMPAQ armada 1592dmt. I would like to load up any
    > version of LINUX for training purposes and for teaching myself the system.

    http://tuxmobil.org/howtos.html

    http://www.linux-laptop.net/

    These sites may help.

    wort