Purpose of Rescue disk - Redhat

This is a discussion on Purpose of Rescue disk - Redhat ; Hi, I am about to install Fedora Core 3. I successfuly downloaded iso images of FC disks 1-4. Along with that I also downloaded iso image of a escue disk. I don't know what to do with it. I can't ...

  1. Purpose of Rescue disk

    Hi, I am about to install Fedora Core 3. I successfuly downloaded iso
    images of FC disks 1-4. Along with that I also downloaded iso image of
    a escue disk. I don't know what to do with it. I can't seem to find
    the exact usage of this disk.
    Is this disk really required for installation?

    Any comment/suggestion?

    Thanks,
    Usman

  2. Re: Purpose of Rescue disk

    On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 05:53:45 -0800, Usman wrote:

    > Hi, I am about to install Fedora Core 3. I successfuly downloaded iso
    > images of FC disks 1-4. Along with that I also downloaded iso image of a
    > escue disk. I don't know what to do with it. I can't seem to find the
    > exact usage of this disk.

    The rescue CD is for emergencies like in case you need to access your
    Linux system in the case of failure (i.e. you cannot boot into it). It's
    also included on the first installation CD or on the DVD (linux rescue).

    > Is this disk really required for installation?

    No