Question on private server for yum - Redhat

This is a discussion on Question on private server for yum - Redhat ; Hi, I am in an environment where FC3 installs and updates are frequent. I would like to run yum and point it to my own server rather than public ones. Can anyone point me to information on how to do ...

  1. Question on private server for yum

    Hi,

    I am in an environment where FC3 installs and updates are frequent.
    I would like to run yum and point it to my own server rather than public
    ones.
    Can anyone point me to information on how to do this?

    Many thanks,
    Joe

  2. Re: Question on private server for yum

    Joe H. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am in an environment where FC3 installs and updates are frequent.
    > I would like to run yum and point it to my own server rather than

    public
    > ones.
    > Can anyone point me to information on how to do this?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > Joe

    http://fedoranews.org/alex/tutorial/yum/
    http://servers.linux.com/article.pl?...1718242&tid=30
    http://www.charlescurley.com/yum/index.html
    or use this google search (about 8,520 English pages):
    linux local yum repository
    http://www.google.com/search?num=50&...sitory&spell=1
    Google is your friend ;-)

    hth,