Fedora Core 3 ISDN Modem Problems - Redhat

This is a discussion on Fedora Core 3 ISDN Modem Problems - Redhat ; Have a problem I cant solve I'm using Fedora Core 3 and I cant get it to dial out using the standard Telstra ISDN Nt2+II modem In the hardware section it detects that there's a Open NT ISDN modem there ...

  1. Fedora Core 3 ISDN Modem Problems

    Have a problem I cant solve

    I'm using Fedora Core 3 and I cant get it to dial out using the standard
    Telstra ISDN Nt2+II modem

    In the hardware section it detects that there's a Open NT ISDN modem there
    but I just cant dial out with it

    When I select a modem acm0 (and all the others I tried) it didn't recognised
    the modem
    I tried every module in the list and I get a error, the only one I didn't
    get a error is ttys0 as it tries to dial out but just sits there then a
    error comes up
    (I do have a win modem installed as well )

    When I installed Suse It works properly and works like a dream but with no
    luck With Redhat / Fedora core 2 and 3

    I tried kppp and also tried to use the Internet connection setup

    With This Telstra NT1+II ISDN modem you do treat it as a standard modem

    Any ideas...

    thanks for your time....

  2. Re: Fedora Core 3 ISDN Modem Problems

    X-Ray wrote:
    > Have a problem I cant solve
    >
    > I'm using Fedora Core 3 and I cant get it to dial out using the

    standard
    > Telstra ISDN Nt2+II modem
    >
    > In the hardware section it detects that there's a Open NT ISDN modem

    there
    > but I just cant dial out with it
    >
    > When I select a modem acm0 (and all the others I tried) it didn't

    recognised
    > the modem
    > I tried every module in the list and I get a error, the only one I

    didn't
    > get a error is ttys0 as it tries to dial out but just sits there then

    > error comes up
    > (I do have a win modem installed as well )
    >
    > When I installed Suse It works properly and works like a dream but

    with no
    > luck With Redhat / Fedora core 2 and 3
    >
    > I tried kppp and also tried to use the Internet connection setup
    >
    > With This Telstra NT1+II ISDN modem you do treat it as a standard

    modem

    This seemed to be a way to get it going:
    http://goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au/~hugh/n...-II-linux.html

    But then I remembered /dev is now /udev in FC3 and looked further.
    Found this less than hopeful thread:
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/171341
    or more to the unhappy conclusion:
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...92#post1371992

    Not sure how you can persue this from here.
    sorry, no help
    prg
    email above disabled

+ Reply to Thread