Fedora Install - Redhat

This is a discussion on Fedora Install - Redhat ; I have discs 1 and 2 of the Core 2 release. I downloaded FC2-i386-disc3.iso. I did a successful md5Sum check on the image on the HD I burned the image to a cd I did a successful md5Sum check on ...

  1. Fedora Install

    I have discs 1 and 2 of the Core 2 release.
    I downloaded FC2-i386-disc3.iso.
    I did a successful md5Sum check on the image on the HD
    I burned the image to a cd
    I did a successful md5Sum check on the image on the CD
    The target machine is waiting for CD3.
    When I put it in, Fedora says it's the wrong CD !
    The only file on the CD is FC2-i386-disc3.iso
    What am I missing ?
    TIA
    Bob Palank

  2. Re: Fedora Install: simple advises.

    Bob:
    it seems that you did everything right...
    You may have missed to verify the CD's as the software allows you to do, it
    also tells you what is on the CD: you may have made an error on the marking

    Also unless I am mistaking there are 4 CD's for FC2, not including the
    sources.

    Here is one of the places where the iso's are available.

    By the way:
    If you have access to broadbad, suggest that you use rather FC3 which is
    significant improvement over FC2 which was pretty good!

    - AFC3 -

    Bob Palank wrote:

    > I have discs 1 and 2 of the Core 2 release.
    > I downloaded FC2-i386-disc3.iso.
    > I did a successful md5Sum check on the image on the HD
    > I burned the image to a cd
    > I did a successful md5Sum check on the image on the CD
    > The target machine is waiting for CD3.
    > When I put it in, Fedora says it's the wrong CD !
    > The only file on the CD is FC2-i386-disc3.iso
    > What am I missing ?
    > TIA
    > Bob Palank

  3. Re: Fedora Install: simple advises.

    -----------
    Bob Palank wrote:

    > I have discs 1 and 2 of the Core 2 release.
    > I downloaded FC2-i386-disc3.iso.
    > I did a successful md5Sum check on the image on the HD
    > I burned the image to a cd
    > I did a successful md5Sum check on the image on the CD
    > The target machine is waiting for CD3.
    > When I put it in, Fedora says it's the wrong CD !
    > The only file on the CD is FC2-i386-disc3.iso
    > What am I missing ?
    > TIA
    > Bob Palank

  4. Re: Fedora Install

    Bob Palank wrote:
    > I have discs 1 and 2 of the Core 2 release.
    > I downloaded FC2-i386-disc3.iso.
    > I did a successful md5Sum check on the image on the HD
    > I burned the image to a cd
    > I did a successful md5Sum check on the image on the CD
    > The target machine is waiting for CD3.
    > When I put it in, Fedora says it's the wrong CD !
    > The only file on the CD is FC2-i386-disc3.iso
    > What am I missing ?
    > TIA
    > Bob Palank

    Bob

    It looks like you forgot to burn the file as an ISO image. What you have
    is a file that contains the ISO9660 filesystem.

    Bob Giovannucci

  5. Re: Fedora Install

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:24:37 -0600,
    "Bob Palank" posted:

    > I have discs 1 and 2 of the Core 2 release.
    > I downloaded FC2-i386-disc3.iso.
    > I did a successful md5Sum check on the image on the HD
    > I burned the image to a cd
    > I did a successful md5Sum check on the image on the CD
    > The target machine is waiting for CD3.
    > When I put it in, Fedora says it's the wrong CD !
    > The only file on the CD is FC2-i386-disc3.iso
    > What am I missing ?

    The correct date on your clock, for one thing...

    What you've done is not burn a CD-ROM from your image file, but you've
    copied that ISO file onto a CD-ROM as a file. An ISO is a representation
    of the contents of a disc, much the same way as a ZIP file is an achive of
    a collection of files. You use a burning program that takes the ISO file
    as a source file for how to create a disc. They all work differently
    (burning software), so study your burning software manual about this, then
    post back with more details about what you're using if you can't work it
    out.

    --
    If you insist on e-mailing me, use the reply-to address (it's real but
    temporary). But please reply to the group, like you're supposed to.

    This message was sent without a virus, please delete some files yourself.

  6. Fedora Install

    Monday January 10 2005 14:24, Bob Palank wrote to All:

    BP> The only file on the CD is FC2-i386-disc3.iso
    BP> What am I missing ?

    Burn it correctly.

+ Reply to Thread