Keyboard lights blinking - Redhat

This is a discussion on Keyboard lights blinking - Redhat ; I have a RHAS Update 4 server that was working. The HDD crashed and I am not reloading it. During the install the keyboard lights start blinking and the system hangs if I choose anything but the default install. Any ...

  1. Keyboard lights blinking

    I have a RHAS Update 4 server that was working. The HDD crashed and I
    am not reloading it.

    During the install the keyboard lights start blinking and the system
    hangs if I choose anything but the default install.

    Any thoughts?

    John

  2. Re: Keyboard lights blinking

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:04:07 -0700, John D. Sanders wrote:

    > I have a RHAS Update 4 server that was working. The HDD crashed and I
    > am not reloading it.
    >
    > During the install the keyboard lights start blinking and the system
    > hangs if I choose anything but the default install.
    >
    > Any thoughts?

    FYI: if the keyboard lights are flashing this is an almost sure sign of a
    kernel panic..... the reason for this you already know (HDD crashed).

    Try fixing the problem (man fsck*) or replace the hard drive.

    * == warning do not attempt to use fsck on mounted partitions.

    http://www.sysresccd.org/

  3. test message

    nm

  4. Re: test message