Boot problem - Redhat

This is a discussion on Boot problem - Redhat ; I just installed linux 7.0 I didn't create a user, (I did during the installation, but didn't click 'add') so I have to logon using 'root'. so far so good, however, once logged in, I get this line: [root@142-58-106-26 /root]# ...

  1. Boot problem

    I just installed linux 7.0

    I didn't create a user, (I did during the installation, but didn't click
    'add') so I have to logon using 'root'.

    so far so good, however, once logged in, I get this line:
    [root@142-58-106-26 /root]#

    I cannot get passed this line. How do I get to the desktop?

    I imagine that I have to create a user. Can I create a user later?

    Thanks very much.

    Casey

    (Com Dot is a fictitious name of course, but the email address is legit)

    Casey

    (Com Dot is a fictitious name of course, but the email address is legit)

  2. Re: Boot problem

    On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 04:54:46 GMT, a posting issued forth from Com Dot...
    > I just installed linux 7.0
    >
    > I didn't create a user, (I did during the installation, but didn't click
    > 'add') so I have to logon using 'root'.
    >
    > so far so good, however, once logged in, I get this line:
    > [root@142-58-106-26 /root]#
    >
    > I cannot get passed this line. How do I get to the desktop?
    >
    > I imagine that I have to create a user. Can I create a user later?
    >
    > Thanks very much.
    >
    > Casey
    >
    > (Com Dot is a fictitious name of course, but the email address is legit)

    This multi-posting is highly distasteful. I left you a longer answer in
    alt.os.linux.redhat.

    --
    Jacob
    mailto:`echo wnpbo@urvqre.ubzryvahk.arg | tr [a-z] [n-za-m]`