boot: linux text on lvm2 on RHEL3 - Redhat

This is a discussion on boot: linux text on lvm2 on RHEL3 - Redhat ; Im installing RHEL3 in textmode. I want to use lvm. Using diskdruid i can define lvm-partions, but i cant use them for installation. Is it possible to install redhat on lvm (except /boot)? I know it work with the GUI-installationmode. ...

  1. boot: linux text on lvm2 on RHEL3

    Im installing RHEL3 in textmode. I want to use lvm. Using diskdruid i
    can define lvm-partions, but i cant use them for installation.
    Is it possible to install redhat on lvm (except /boot)? I know it work
    with the GUI-installationmode. But Im currious if it is possible in
    textmode.

    thanks
    Silvio

  2. Re: boot: linux text on lvm2 on RHEL3

    Am 25 Dec 2004 18:54:04 -0800,schrieb Silvio Harn :
    > Im installing RHEL3 in textmode. I want to use lvm. Using diskdruid i
    > can define lvm-partions, but i cant use them for installation.
    > Is it possible to install redhat on lvm (except /boot)? I know it work
    > with the GUI-installationmode. But Im currious if it is possible in
    > textmode.

    If you install in textmode so switch on another console an create your
    logical-volumes by hand. The textinstaller in RHEL cant create
    logical-volumes but recognises them.

    tschazu
    erkan

    --
    über den grenzen muß die freiheit wohl wolkenlos sein

+ Reply to Thread