Which IDE-RAID-CONTROLLER? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Which IDE-RAID-CONTROLLER? - Redhat ; Hi! I have a running Fedora Core 2. Now I want to update to Fedora Core 3, and I want to update my hardware from one IDE-Drive to an IDE-RAID-System. Is there a IDE-RAID-Controller, which is supportet directly from Fedora, ...

  1. Which IDE-RAID-CONTROLLER?

    Hi!

    I have a running Fedora Core 2. Now I want to update to Fedora Core 3, and I want to update my hardware from one IDE-Drive to an
    IDE-RAID-System.

    Is there a IDE-RAID-Controller, which is supportet directly from Fedora, so that I not need a special driver from the manufacturer.

    Kind greetings and thanks,
    Christian.

  2. Re: Which IDE-RAID-CONTROLLER?

    Christian-Josef Schrattenthaler wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have a running Fedora Core 2. Now I want to update to Fedora Core 3,
    > and I want to update my hardware from one IDE-Drive to an IDE-RAID-System.
    >
    > Is there a IDE-RAID-Controller, which is supportet directly from Fedora,
    > so that I not need a special driver from the manufacturer.
    >
    > Kind greetings and thanks,
    > Christian.

    Have you looked into software RAID ... comes with RH...
    Make sure you know the pitfalls of it.

    Kahn

  3. Re: Which IDE-RAID-CONTROLLER?

    Christian-Josef Schrattenthaler schreef:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have a running Fedora Core 2. Now I want to update to Fedora Core 3,
    > and I want to update my hardware from one IDE-Drive to an IDE-RAID-System.
    >
    > Is there a IDE-RAID-Controller, which is supportet directly from Fedora,
    > so that I not need a special driver from the manufacturer.
    >
    > Kind greetings and thanks,
    > Christian.

    I wouldn't advise software RAID.

    Look at the 3Ware Escalade controllers.