FC3 Are there know problems k3b ? - Redhat

This is a discussion on FC3 Are there know problems k3b ? - Redhat ; Hello: I have used k3b for a long time, with virtually zero problems.(copy audio and data CD). Now I am having recurrent troubles, with an unknown cdrecord error... Exactly same system H/W, k3b version is k3b-0.11.14-2 Any idea, of what ...

  1. FC3 Are there know problems k3b ?

    Hello:
    I have used k3b for a long time, with virtually zero problems.(copy audio
    and data CD).

    Now I am having recurrent troubles, with an unknown cdrecord error...
    Exactly same system H/W, k3b version is k3b-0.11.14-2

    Any idea, of what may have been clobbered?
    Thanks for the feedback positive or negative.
    afc3

  2. Re: FC3 Are there know problems k3b ?

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:17:06 -0800, AnonymousFC3 wrote:

    > Hello:
    > I have used k3b for a long time, with virtually zero problems.(copy
    > audio
    > and data CD).
    >
    > Now I am having recurrent troubles, with an unknown cdrecord error...
    > Exactly same system H/W, k3b version is k3b-0.11.14-2
    >
    > Any idea, of what may have been clobbered? Thanks for the feedback
    > positive or negative.
    > afc3

    Use the k3b-0.11.17-1.i386.rpm available here;

    http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...6/Fedora/RPMS/

  3. Re: FC3 Are there know problems k3b ?

    AnonymousFC3 wrote:
    > Hello:
    > I have used k3b for a long time, with virtually zero problems.(copy audio
    > and data CD).
    >
    > Now I am having recurrent troubles, with an unknown cdrecord error...
    > Exactly same system H/W, k3b version is k3b-0.11.14-2

    Goto http://www.kde.org/, News section, see notes posted:
    "Update on the kernel 2.6.9 issue"
    "Do not use Kernel 2.6.8"

  4. Re: FC3 Are there know problems k3b ?

    ---- 19 Owls ----

    > Hello:
    > I have used k3b for a long time, with virtually zero problems.(copy audio
    > and data CD).
    >
    > Now I am having recurrent troubles, with an unknown cdrecord error...
    > Exactly same system H/W, k3b version is k3b-0.11.14-2
    >
    > Any idea, of what may have been clobbered?
    > Thanks for the feedback positive or negative.
    > afc3

    I solved my k3b problem as follows.
    k3bsetup set it to the user group.
    and then manually change
    chmod 710 /usr/bin/cdrdao
    chmod 710 /usr/bin/cdrecord

    funny thing is k3bsetup will try to change cdrdao and cdrecord
    to mode 4710 permission. the SUID stiky bit, i don't really understand
    but mode 710 works and now all group users able to burn and erase instead
    of only root user.

    kernel 2.8 had problems but that was before i tried the permission change.
    it currently works in 2.6.9

    anyone aware if there are any problems with 710 instead of the recommended
    4710?

+ Reply to Thread