FC3: Audacity, exported files. - Redhat

This is a discussion on FC3: Audacity, exported files. - Redhat ; Hello: on occasion I use "Audacity" (great program), so far only as a sound recorder. Usually I capture a sound file, from real Audio. Exported files, are prefect quality as "ogg". Exported iles, are terrible sound quality as "mp3". I ...

  1. FC3: Audacity, exported files.

    Hello:
    on occasion I use "Audacity" (great program), so far only as a sound
    recorder.
    Usually I capture a sound file, from real Audio.
    Exported files, are prefect quality as "ogg".
    Exported iles, are terrible sound quality as "mp3".

    I have tried to export as a WAV file, then convert using lame to mp3, the
    quality is just as bad.

    I am wondering if this is a fedora issue (does not seems...), or rather a
    formatting issue (lame or other).
    I am assuming it cannot be a Linux issue...

    Any idea ?
    - AFC3 -

  2. Re: FC3: Audacity, exported files.

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:48:25 -0800, AnonymousFC3 wrote:

    > Hello:
    > on occasion I use "Audacity" (great program), so far only as a sound
    > recorder.
    > Usually I capture a sound file, from real Audio.
    > Exported files, are prefect quality as "ogg".
    > Exported iles, are terrible sound quality as "mp3".
    >
    > I have tried to export as a WAV file, then convert using lame to mp3, the
    > quality is just as bad.
    >
    > I am wondering if this is a fedora issue (does not seems...), or rather a
    > formatting issue (lame or other).
    > I am assuming it cannot be a Linux issue...

    What bit rate and sample rate are you exporting the mp3 at?
    It could be that the defaults are very low, so the quality will be poor.

    > Any idea ?
    > - AFC3 -

  3. Re: FC3: Audacity, exported files.

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:48:25 -0800, AnonymousFC3 wrote:

    > Hello:
    > on occasion I use "Audacity" (great program), so far only as a sound
    > recorder.
    > Usually I capture a sound file, from real Audio.
    > Exported files, are prefect quality as "ogg".
    > Exported iles, are terrible sound quality as "mp3".
    >
    > I have tried to export as a WAV file, then convert using lame to mp3, the
    > quality is just as bad.
    >
    > I am wondering if this is a fedora issue (does not seems...), or rather a
    > formatting issue (lame or other).
    > I am assuming it cannot be a Linux issue...
    >
    > Any idea ?
    > - AFC3 -

    Check the bit rate and sample rate you are exporting mp3 at.

+ Reply to Thread