Once upon a time my workstation used to have sound. For a long time I didn't have
speakers hooked up so I never really cared about sound. I have since "upgraded" to
Fedora 2 and now I want to have some form of sound.

When I first put the machine together in 2000 I had problems with the current version
of redhat dealing with the AC '97 sound card built into the motherboard. I then went
out and bought a soundblaster card and got sound out of it. Until recently I didn't
have any interest in having sound work but now I do. When I run the sound configuration
program for Fedora 2 called "system-config-soundcard" I get the following error:

File "/usr/share/system-config-soundcard/system-config-soundcard.py", line 46, in ?
app = soundcard.childWindow()
File "/usr/share/system-config-soundcard/soundcard.py", line 160, in __init__
self.primaryDeviceMenu.set_active(self.cardList.in dex(self.soundcardBackend.getDefaultCard()))
ValueError: list.index(x): x not in list

Is there something I'm missing??

fwp@deepthought.com